January 4, 2016

A Quick Sympathy Card


Good morning. We had some bad news yesterday. My son-in-law lost his father after years of battling with cancer. And I am out of Sympathy cards. So I turned on my Explore which I haven't touched in 3 weeks do to out of town company and Christmas. First I went to design space and found a great little card that I figured would be a piece of cake. Below you will find a copy of the video I used to design with.


Now wasn't that easy? Remember if you get stuck along the way just go back and re-watch.



This video was a little more detailed. As you can see I ran into a little trouble with this card. First I chose the wrong paper as it was white core double sided from DCWV Linen Stack. Then I guess  I didn't have the scoring tool in properly as it hardly scored and I actually ripped the fold. Lastly I though I made the With Sympathy to large for the space so I didn't use it. This video will teach you areas I went wrong in and how to do it better.


Here is what the inside of the card looks like. I really think the stamped image looks better.


Well as I have always done I made 2 cards. After inking with the Juniper ink from Close To My Heart you can hardly tell where the problem is.
I hope you liked today's post, I enjoyed sharing with you. Thanks for your sweet-sweet words of encouragement. Your comments always inspire me to keep sharing with you.
Post a Comment