January 4, 2016

A Quick Sympathy Card


Good morning. We had some bad news yesterday. My son-in-law lost his father after years of battling with cancer. And I am out of Sympathy cards. So I turned on my Explore which I haven't touched in 3 weeks do to out of town company and Christmas. First I went to design space and found a great little card that I figured would be a piece of cake. Below you will find a copy of the video I used to design with.


Now wasn't that easy? Remember if you get stuck along the way just go back and re-watch.



This video was a little more detailed. As you can see I ran into a little trouble with this card. First I chose the wrong paper as it was white core double sided from DCWV Linen Stack. Then I guess  I didn't have the scoring tool in properly as it hardly scored and I actually ripped the fold. Lastly I though I made the With Sympathy to large for the space so I didn't use it. This video will teach you areas I went wrong in and how to do it better.


Here is what the inside of the card looks like. I really think the stamped image looks better.


Well as I have always done I made 2 cards. After inking with the Juniper ink from Close To My Heart you can hardly tell where the problem is.
I hope you liked today's post, I enjoyed sharing with you. Thanks for your sweet-sweet words of encouragement. Your comments always inspire me to keep sharing with you.

6 comments:

BethAnn M said...

I love how you were able to fix the little boo-boos and salvage both cards! I have this cartridge, too, and it is beautiful, but some of the cuts are a challenge. I used 85 pound card stock, and the intricate setting on the custom portion of the dial, and it worked well. Beautiful card, and my sympathies to your family on your loss. BethAnn

Boopster said...

Beautiful card. Prayers for your family as you go through this time.

Unknown said...

I don't know if your new video system is going to work out. The audio wasn't very clear & the camera didn't focus very well. Also, the set up was backward & the project was too far from the camera. I liked your previous set up much better. I do enjoy your videos.

Krafthead said...

So sorry for your loss. Praying for your family. Beautiful cards!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leigh, I agree, I am working on it and will have working soon. I didn't focus the camera before hand. My other camera I had it focused in the right spot and didn't have to touch it. Thank you for your helpful comments.

Charlotte C said...

There isn't a crafter out there who hasn't been faced with the challenges you presented in your video. You did a great job in salvaging your cards. White core card stock is something I avoid, which is one of the reasons I don't like CTMH card stock. Lovely colors, but don't like the white core. So sorry for the loss to your family.