February 29, 2016

Making Cards From Scraps


Well it is another week and we have opportunities to do all kinds of things. As you know last week I organized a lot of my scrap paper and it really helped me make theses cares. All are similar yet each is different. Please watch the following video as I lay out some cuts that can be used for making cards.


Did you notice I have two layouts, yet 5 different flowers to put on the front of cards. I blocked out the horizontal car by touching the little eye and then cut four of the rest of the items. It enabled me to make the first four cards that you see above with the cut outs for the card. I used half sheets of paper, scraps for all the cuts.


Now you can see as I am putting them together they go really fast. The first one took about ten minutes, after that just a few minutes per card. I stamped the Thinking of you from My Craft Spot. The other stamps are from May May Made It. Love the religious sets.


I forgot to take a photo of the inside of these cards but it is on the video and is really cute. I am sure you will like it.

Isn't this amazing that all these cards are made from scraps? Three of them are top fold and one on the side of the first four. And it just took a minute to chose the base of the card from my plastic box. I love when my paper is organized, don't you?


This is also a top fold card. I love how all the scraps seem blend so well together. Just think I have next weeks cards all done for next week.


Here is another where all of the pieces were pulled out of my little organized box. I didn't have a large circle punch so I used my scalloped one and stamped it a little differently. A friend of my just had a knee replacement and I made this card for her. I know she will love it.


This is the inside of Miss Ann's card. This is also from My Craft Spot. The sentiment is perfect.


This is the last card I put together and I once again used all the scraps from my bin. It look so elegant up close and every flower on this post has glitter on it or it is all glitter. This one is all glitter. The stamps are from May May Made It's store.  Another friend of mines mother passed away and I will used this card for a sympathy card.


This is the inside of the card and it is beautiful and matches the front of the card.  The base pieces were all cut on this card too so all I did was glue together and stamp.


I hope you enjoyed today's post. I sure enjoyed spending time with you! Thank you for your words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me. Have a blessed day.

0 comments: