February 10, 2010

It's Your Day!

This is the last birthday layout of Brianna's birthday. She chose what she wanted to do for her birthday and now I know why.... we were busy all day! But this page sums it all up, as all she really wanted was her pink DS! So that's just what Grandma & Grandpa got her! This layout is from the 2/5 Stuck On U Sketch it worked out perfectly for the photos I had and I was able to use the scraps from the first layout.
Don't you just love these fan flowers! They are perfect for this page and I am finally making them a lot faster.
I used all the scraps from the original birthday layout for this one and it worked great. All I had to do was plan my color choices to make sure I had enough paper for the cuts. I originally planned for confetti but I made them to small so I scratched that idea and removed it from my Gypsy Woman.
I then used my cutter and made 2, 1 1/4"wx12" strips for the fan flower. This time I followed advise from Jen and used my score pal.... it sure was easy on my hands and the folds were more consise. Thanks again Jen for this time saving tip.
I used the Cuttle bug and 3 different patterns on the blocks. This offered more texture and provides more interest to the eye.
I took the time to journal a little to make it more personal and once again draw your eye to it.
This is how I adhered the fans to the page... with lots of medium size glue dots.
Look at the detail, once again I used the Celebration cart for the hats, horn, cake. I used Mini Monograms for the DS, and George for the boxes. The circles were cut with a circle punch to hold the fan together. Isn't it amazing what you can do with a bunch of scrap pieces of paper?
As you can see I used plenty of skittles. I ran out of contrasting colors and decided that the skittles would do the trick!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Just click for a copy of my Sassy-BD gypsy file. Thank you for your comments, they mean so much to me and I am always encouraged by them.
Post a Comment