February 9, 2010

Triangles, Stipes, Polka Dots And Fan Flowers

Don't you get a little tired of circles, and stripes, and hearts? I do. Thats why I thought I'd try triangles! What a refreshing change. My papers are from SEI and seem to cry out for something different.
I used 2 12x12" papers and only have enough to garnish a card! So I have 2 4x5" squares reserved to make a card with!
First I made my cricut cuts, and then made 3 strips for making the fan flowers. I cut them too large and had to cut them down. To keep manageable don't go larger than 1 1/4" wide on a 12" strip as it will not make a complete circle.
Then I used my Creative Memories circle punch the small for the top and large circle for the bottom. Notice how I centered the print so it would look nice as the center of the flower.
I then hand folded the strips. Later Jen shared that using a score pal would be more effective and easier on the hands... boy was she right.! My stips were too wide so I did trim until when opened it would form a circle.
I used medium glue dots as shown to hold it together. The first flower I used glue and it just wasn't as effective as the glue dots were (unless you use the clear zip dry and hold). I placed glue on the circle and placed an object on the top to hold in place. The next one I used about 6 or 7 medium glue dots and it was more effective and there was no dry time.
I used plenty of glue dots for the top of the flower also and held both tightly in place until I felt it would hold securely. It worked great.
I then applied stickles on the edge of the flower and let it dry.
I place all the items on the page, using dimensionals on the small triangle and placed stickles on the edge and on the heading. I did cut out the heading twice and staggered, and glued together before placing on the page.
The turquoise rhinestones looked great in the center of the flower. I also place one on each corner of the photo. I hope you enjoyed this page as much as I enjoyed creating it. Here is the Sassy-NaNaBooBoo Gypsy file.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thank you for your comments, they mean so much to me and I am always encouraged by them.
Post a Comment