February 15, 2010

Quick Simple Zoo Layout

Don't you just love the total simplicity? This layout is all about the paper.... and guess what I didn't even layer this paper. This awesome paper is from DCWV's Animal Crackers stack, you have to love it if you have a child or a grandchild! And it is loaded with sparkly glitter!
And for the letters....
Don't they go great together? All I did is grab 2 tiny pieces of scrap paper for the lion's main, tail, and face and I was good to go. SO QUICK! I needed that after the last couple of complicated layouts!
After cutting it was just a matter of putting things together:
I embossed the lions mane with little circles...
See how cool it looks? I used this as I was afraid the swirls were just a little too far apart.
I used my handy tape as my letters were flimsy and hard to keep straigt even though My Gypsy woman did a great job of welding them together. I placed glue on the back fliped over and positioned perfectly on my paper. I glued on the mane, face, nose and tail to the lion and it looked great. But you know me.... STICKLES just really brought out the mane, don't you think?
Here are the parts to my layout:
And all together...
I hope you enjoyed my quick layout.... only 15 minutes on My Gypsy Woman and an hour to choose paper, cut and layout. It doesn't get easier than that does it?
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thanks for your comments, I just love hearing from you and am encouraged by what you say...

13 comments:

Brenda said...

awww now I can see the lion up close he is sooo adorable!!!
hugs
Brenda

JustYolie said...

Oh goodness, this is a pretty lo! Great job!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Sheila, I so love looking at our creations.. and this is just too adorable.

4kids4 said...

What a great page! And the lion is just the cutest!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

What a great layout. Love the paper; I've looked at that stack many times, but I have waaaaay more paper than I need. Love the stickles on the lion's mane.

A Rup Life said...

Love it!! I always wondered what to do with those papers that had layers like that! Now I am inspired! Now about that tape....where do you get it?

lisarup1@aol.com

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Very nice! I love the papers and what you did with the letters.

Audrey Frelx said...

Whar a cute LO!!! I just don't know what to say about you -- you just keep on doing what you do!!! It's great!

jen said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I love it, Sheila! Great page!

Snowmanlover said...

OH so darling!!

Steph Ackerman said...

Just adorable!

Mrs. Green said...

I saw this on the Cricut MB too but I wanted to saw thanks for posting the steps of your layout. I just bought the Cuttlebug and liked to see the embossed lion head. Great work!
(Greengirl on MB)

Turnedgypsy said...

nice layout. thanks for sharing with us.

chriswooten57
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com