April 16, 2011

Another Dallas Stampede Card!

We played a wonderful table game in Dallas. Pam of The Bug Bytes, Melissa of Melissa Made and Elizabeth of 217 Creations each designed, cut and prepared cards for someone else to put together at the Stamped. Well I liked my card so much that I cut 2 more using scrap paper just for myself. You can never have too many birthday cards!
This is the coolest card as children just love it! Everything they do is interactive so this card fits bill. It takes a little more time than a regular A2 card but very much worth the effort when you see the smile on the face of the person that you give it to.

Look at this little monkey, isn't he just too cute?
And the DCWV Animal stack is just perfect for this card design with the little monkey!!

This first video shows how to get ready for a crop or swarm, how to pack and what to pack to enable you to be productive while you are visiting and enjoying yourself. I was able to complete a 2 page layout, 2 Happy Birthday Cards, 2 Happy Birthday Spinner Cards, 2 Get Well Cards and 8 Easter cards at the Stampede as well as take an afternoon class with Teressa Collins and get a good start on a personal album! That is a lot considering all the play time I was able to get in! And I was able to do that because I took the steps in this video.


This second video is me racing against the clock. What you don't see is the little group of ladies that were passing the other slider card around and watching how to put this together. I did it in less than 10 minutes! Yeah which means my card fit with in the allotted time our little contest allowed! You see I was a little worried that the person that drew my card wouldn't be able to complete but I was able to do it. If you would like the Gypsy file for this card just click HERE (NOTE THIS FILE IS A GYPSY FILE). You will need to change the center art to what ever you prefer as the file is set up for a little butterfly.  Now I challenge you to make a slider card and then link it up right here on Shes A Sassy Lady for ALL to enjoy. Oh how fun it will be to see all the different versions and it will be so easy too as you have my file to work from. Just think you can change that center to anything you want, just make sure it is kind of round so that it will twirl easily. Have fun and I can't wait to see what you come up with!
I hope you enjoyed today's post. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of inspiration. Your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you.
signature

7 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Sheila! What a cute card!!! You always have something "special" to share with us all!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a fun card.. I don't have time to watch the videos but will definitely be back to watch them.... cute cute

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Cat(s)/Dog(s)/Bear/Bird/Butterfly/Any other Animal Theme post on Apr. 16, 2011. Thanks again.

papillon digital design said...

Oooooooooooh! This is so lovely. I touched it and played with it and felt so reluctant handing it back that I decided to make one for myself. TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Super fun card, I loved the videos Shelia.. I want to learn how to make one.. so fun. hugs

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [17 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Marilyn said...

Such a cute card Sheila!! I love those cards and one day I will make one. Thank you for the inspiration.