Hey scrappers, this is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy. I'm happy to be sharing this fun project with you today at She's A Sassy Lady. Wow, haven't the projects around here been amazing! I gotta tell you these ladies are so talented.
Originally when I came up with this idea, I was going to use a tin basket that I found at Target in the dollar section. And then I remembered the picket fence box on the Wrap It Up cartridge and I thought it would be really cute, so that's what I went with.
I sized the box on my Gypsy and basically fit it to page on a 12 x 12 mat. When assembled it makes about a 4 x 4-inch box.
I decided to emboss my fence with the Cuttlebug folder Distressed Stripes. I could have let it be a perfect little white picket fence, but this seemed a little bit more fun and of course adds texture and dimension.
Here's a picture of the box as I sent it through the CB. I basically folded the box and lined up the folder to the edge of the fence and sent it through. It worked perfectly. After embossing I used brown ink around the edges and a light layer over the stripes.
The green layer cuts the grass. If you look closely you'll notice that not all four sides line up correctly. Only 2 of the 4 sides line up. That kind of drives me crazy! Instead of cutting more pieces I decided to just use some green ink around the edges.
A picture of the flowers before I layered and assembled them. As you can see, two of the flowers are cut with pattern paper. I embossed the lilac colored flowers using the Swiss Dots CB folder.
Here are the supplies I used. I found the sticks in the children's art section at Michael's. I applied crackle paint to create a stem. To adhere my flower layers, chocolate candy, and flowers to the stick I used my glue gun. Make sure it doesn't get too warm and melt your chocolate, lol. In order to create added dimension to my flowers I sprayed a little bit of water on the paper. This helps the paper to "move" better which is especially helpful with the thick Papertrey Ink cardstock that I use. Then I just rolled the flower petals around a thin embroidery needle.
Once the fence and flowers were all assembled, I placed some flower foam in the box and created my bouquet. I'm not the best at floral arrangements, so keep that in mind. To finish off my project and add a little more "Easter" to it, I placed some paper grass in the box. I thought it would be fun to put more chocolate in and around the basket as well. I mean, you can't have too much chocolate!
Here is a better look at the fence. I really like the way it turned out.
I love how this picture came out. It just doesn't get much better in my world than flowers and chocolate! Although you can see in this close-up that I probably went a little heavy with the glue gun, but the I wanted that chocolate to stay up there! I really love all the color and layers.
- Box-Wrap It Up cut at 11.25-inches with layer
- Flowers-Mother's Day Bouquet cut at 2, 1.5, 1.25 and 1-inches
- Pattern Paper-Echo Park Springtime Collection
- Cardstock-Papertrey Ink New Leaf and Royal Velvet
- Embossing folders-(Cuttlebug) Distressed Stripes and Swiss Dots
- Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint-Peeled Paint
- Glue Gun
- Flower Foam
- Wood Skewers
- Egg Shaped Chocolate Candy
- Easter Grass
Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my project today. I hope it inspired you and perhaps you can create an Easter or Spring home decor projects yourself. I'd love to see what you come up with. Thank you Sheila for allowing me to post today, and as always I enjoy your comments! If you have any questions please let me know. Stop my my blog anytime, I'd love to see you.