July 15, 2012

A Christmas Card and First design post

Hi everyone, I'm Karon, from Karons Krafty Korner and this is my first posting as a She's a Sassy Lady member of the design team.  I would like to sincerely thank Sheila for giving me this opportunity.

I hope you will like the card that I have made for you today.

I decided to get a start on my Christmas cards and was trying to think a little out of the box.  This is a gate fold card with a window.  Here is how it can be designed in Cricut Craft Room.


I used the George and Basic shapes cartridge, the rectangle is sized at 5.5" wide by 8.5" height.
The circles are sized at 2.5".  (Your card base will end up being 4.25" by 5.5").

I found it easier to place the rectangle centred as it then makes it easier to place the circles centrally at either end. Do not weld the circles as you want to finish with a rectangle that has half circles cut out of each end as below.


You will need to score the card at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8" , I have shown this on white card above (doesn't it look like a football field LOL). 

Here is my card base, with the edges embossed using my Cuttlebug and the folder Snow Flakes.


You will notice I have also put in 4 eyelets one on each edge of the card above and below the window.  You will see what these are for in a moment.

Here are the elements I am adding to the inside of my card.  


The holly paper layer is cut at 4" by 5.25".

The scollop circles (Art Philosophy Cartridge page 41, Circle 3) were cut at 2.5" and 2.25" and embossed with the Snow Flakes folder.  The stocking was cut at 1.75" (Art Philosophy page 67).  

I layered the first scallop flat to the inside layer and then used pop dots for the second scallop and the stocking to add depth.

Here's the inside of my card.



To finish of I tied some sparkly ribbon to tie the gates together.  And there you go - one Christmas card complete.


 And to the side a little.


So there you are - I have finally made a start on my Christmas cards for this year - do you think I'm mad?!

Happy Crafting everyone.

Karon
Post a Comment