July 19, 2012

Tag For My Mom's Birthday

Hi everyone!  It is Charlotte here from A Little Bit of Detail.  Today I have a very special tag to share with you.  Special, because it is for my mom's birthday.  She will be 87 years old on July 28th.  Though she has Macular Degeneration, she is still going full force!!  I feel so blest to still have both my parents alive and doing well.  Now on to the tag.

I began with a cut from the Cricut cartridge ART PHILOSOPHY.  The tag was cut with papers from the Bo Bunny 6 x 6 stack, Garden Girl.



After cutting out the tag in two sizes for the purpose of layering, I decided to make a small mat  for the tag.  I used ercu paper for the mat and the Harlequin Script Background Stamp from Just Rite Stampers



 This is a large cling stamp at 4 1/2" X 5 1/4".  And yet it can be used in so many ways.   I stamped it with  olive green ink.  Here is a close up of the mat.  Isn't it just a beautiful!  After stamping the mat, I rounded the corners do it would flow with the tag cut.  Next I added some antique ecru lace from my sewing stash and then topped it with a border cutout from The Paper Studio.


The next thing I did was to create my label for the sentiment.  I cut and embossed two different sizes of the Spellbinders Label #20  They were both inked in two shades of purple and copper inks.  These papers are also from the Bo Bunny Garden Girl stack.  I just thought it would be fun to use a floral pattern for the base label.  I then cut and embossed a small scallop circle from Spellbinders for the center of the label.  After stamping it with mauve, green and copper, I used a small round birthday stamp for the sentiment from Just Rite Stmpers.  It was stamped in dark brown ink.  


To finish embellishing the tag, I used Recollection flourish gems beneath the sentiment.  And then added a few flowers from my stash above the sentiment.  I punched out a few leaves for the flowers with a MS punch and again used the Bo Bunny Garden Girl stack paper for the leaves.


And lastly, I tied the tag with a purple ribbon and added a sheer taupe bow.    So, there you have it, my tag for my mom's birthday present!  If you visit my blog, A Little Bit Of Detail, next week, you will see how this tag and the along with the beautiful wrapped gift for my mom.  

It was truly a delight sharing with you today.  So glad you decided to visit THE SASSY LADY today. See you soon!
Charlotte

8 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Miss Charlotte, this tag is GEORGOUS! I love the colrs and the textures and everything about it. Thanks for sharing with us today!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love all the layers and the papers are stunning. TFS

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tag!!! I love that stamp too :)

Angi Barrs said...

Love this gorgeous tag!

papillon digital design said...

Love the tag. Love the colors. TFS

Annette said...

This is lovely. She will love it!

Cricut Couple said...

Stunning! Oh My Goodness this is STUNNING!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Charlottem this tag is absolutely gorgeous!!! As always, you do such beautiful projects!

Love this!