June 18, 2013

Rough around the edges!

Hi everyone - it's Karon, from Karon's Krafty Korner, for my monthly visit to you all here at She's A Sassy Lady.  Thanks for putting up with me each month :-)

June seems to be the months for birthdays around here, so I have a birthday card to share with you.


For my card, I decided to have a go at a little shabby chic.  All my layers have been distressed with a Tim Holtz Distressing Tool and then I inked all the edges with Tea Dye distress ink.

The main layers are from a Momenta 6 x 6 pad called Rendezvous.  The rose topper is from Moonlighting Designs by Mary.  It is from a set of 8 called French Flowers.


I decided to add some rolled flowers,  the flowers are from the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge, scallop 1 on page 13.  The leaves are from the Art Philosophy cartridge, page 43.

I added a little bit of lace on that second layer to give it a more vintage feel.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms called Hooray for Birthdays.


This was really fun to make and once I had decided on the papers, didn't take too long to pull together.

For the inside I used the papers from the front and the little rose stamp is from a See D's stamp set called Springtime Swirls.


Thanks for having me stop by Sheila.

I hope you all have a fabulous week.

Happy crafting.

Post a Comment