June 12, 2014

Country Picnic Bridal Shower

Hello everyone! Java Jen here from JAVA JEN CREATIONS to share with you a fun bridal shower that I helped plan for a sweet young lady at our church! We went with a Country Picnic theme and we had so much fun! Thanks, Sheila, for allowing me to share the fun here!! Here are a few pics and then I'll give you more details under each one:

These are the centerpieces we made featuring the, ever popular, mason jars! The mats are 12x12 Kraft paper that has been corner punched with a Lucky 8 punch and an 11x11 bandanna paper that was also corner punched with my Lucky 8 punch. The "Mr. and Mrs." tag was from the Sweethearts Cricut cartridge and was cut at 3".

This was a cute journaling prompt tag that my friend found on Pinterest so I printed them and then created a tag to fit it! This is a tag that I found on the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and, using my Gypsy, I unlinked the H and W to stretch it to the size I needed it to be! Even with all the advances with the Cricut, which, for the record, I LOVE----- I still LOVE my Gyspy!! :-)

This little purse that I made from the Bridal Shower cartridge, was made to hold little cards that everyone wrote a little sentiment on. 

This shower was a gift card shower so we found an oval bucket to stick skewers in that we hot-glued mini clothespins to, to hold the gift cards. (Sorry the picture isn't that great but I forgot to take a pic at home so it's a little busy in the background! :-/ ) The "Mr. and Mrs." is from Tie the Knot and the Monogram B is from Tie the Knot as well. We put some paper straws over some of the skewers for more pops of color! 

The bride is the one in the center and she was thrilled with the theme!


We had catered box lunches and this was our place setting.

This shows a little more closely, the corner punches.

I cut hearts from Sweethearts and punched holes to "tie the knots"! :-)

Another view of our yummy place setting. :-)

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you're having a super fun, family and friend-filled summer! 

4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

The skewers with mini clothespins to hold the cards - genius! I love it and will definitely be lifting that idea! TFS - it all looks great.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a wonderful theme for a wedding. I love this. So many people have their wedding and the reception at the church that too often the decorating becomes - average - not with this it is adorable. Thanks for sharing with us today!

Karon said...

Jen, these are absolutely fabulous. TFS

Unknown said...

These are darling!!! I love the "We tied the knot" inside the lunch box and the center piece!!!