June 5, 2014

June Holiday Card--sweet snowmen!

Hi Everyone....it's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail, so you know what that means......it's also time to share my monthly Christmas card!  And do I ever have a dose of cuteness for you today.  

Check it out:

I decided it was time to take a break from red, green and grey that I've enjoyed so much lately and went with non-traditional holiday colors this time.  I started this card by selecting my papers from Echo Park's Winter Wishes 6 by 6 paper pad.  I rounded just two of the corners for a cute effect using my corner rounder that was likely one of the first paper crafting purchases I ever made!  I then sprayed those patterned papers with glimmer mist, so they are nice and shimmery.  

The stamped image is by SP&Company and is called Snow Friends.  I colored it with my Copic markers and added some Stickles for the snowy bits.



I have a little obsession with Stickles....and it's lasted about 10 years.  I'm finally starting to use up bottles that I've had for ages, thank goodness none of them have dried up! This bottle was "distress" Stickles and they made a great accent to the snow.

How are you coming on your Christmas cards?  Anyone working all year long or do you wait for the Fall to begin creating?

Have a super creative day!

3 comments:

Karon said...

Wonderful card, Sonya and I love those colours! TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I love this Christmas card.... You know I was thinking just the other day I better start thinking of shat to do and look you are here with an idea. Thanks for sharing today!

Charlotte C said...

Adorable card, and I love the colors.