June 26, 2014

Make Your Own Stamp Press

Hello! Leah from Paper Blossoms here and I have a super quick idea to share with you today. In the effort to save some money and use what I have, I made my own stamp press! Fiskars sells a couple of very nice models, but I just didn't want to spend money on one. So here is a photo of what mine looks like.


It is similar in size to the Fiskars compact stamp press and fits quite large stamps on it. I took a brand new Big Shot cutting plate (you could use a Cuttlebug cutting plate as well!)  and some CTMH sponges I had, and wasn't using, and cut them to approximately the same size and height. I then used my hot glue gun to adhere them to the plate at each corner. It works great! I especially love it for stamps that are larger or more solid images as the plate has some give to it and so you can really press down and get even coverage. Maybe you already have what you need to make your own stamp press and save a bit of money. :)  I hope you have a great day!

5 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Awesome idea Leah. Thank you for sharing
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Vanessa said...

What a clever idea! Thanks for sharing!

Karon said...

This is one awesome idea!! Thanks for sharing.

Charlotte C said...

Very clever.

Rose Tresures said...

Wow, I love this idea! I already have the other two gadgets from fiskars, but now I can have more of them and at a fraction of the cost. Super! Thanks for sharing! hugs, Patty