August 7, 2014

August Holiday Card Share...Snowmen in Shades of Blue

Hi Everyone....it's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail, and I'm happy to be sharing my monthly holiday card.  I've been making a different holiday greeting card each month to hopefully inspire you to get a jump start on making your Christmas cards.  It won't be long they will be on everyone's blogs!  

Are you ready for some snowmen?



So along with my goal of creating something monthly to be ready for the holidays, I've also been on a bit of a spending freeze.  Today's card is a wonderful reflection of what one can create from all sorts of things found in what we all probably have on hand!  The patterned paper is by DCWV from the Winter Basics 6 by 6 paper pad.  I used one entire sheet--the paper is two sided, so I simply flipped the leftover cut strip over and decided I liked the contrast of the stripes against the subtle plaid background.   The white and navy shapes were leftover from another project.  I probably cut them from Elegant Edges, but they were just sitting on top of my workspace (taking up valuable real estate!), so I stamped the snowmen from the Stampin' UP! set, The More the Merrier.  I colored them with my Copic markers and added a few Stickles.  The felt snowflake had the year 2006 on the bottom of the jar and I know I've had those snowflake brads for at least that long, too.  The supplies may be old, but I think the result is adorable!


Here's a close up of my coloring for you.  I didn't do much blending because my white base is really cheap paper and wasn't going to blend very well.  The sentiment is from SP&Company's "Snow Much Fun" set.

Thanks for stopping by today....make it a day filled with creativity!

5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is adorable! Love the stamp set and your coloring but the snow is perfect for this card! Thanks for sharing!

Karon said...

This is wonderful. I love those adorable snowmen! TFS

Boopster said...

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? Great ideas and the little snowmen are SO jaunty!

Unknown said...

This is darling!! I just love snowmen! The glitter snow is just perfect!!

Dk said...

I love Snowmen!Your snowmen are so cute and you colored very well.