August 14, 2014

Birthday Memory File

Happy Thursday!  Java Jen here from JAVA JEN CREATIONS and it's my turn to be a guest designer here today! Today I want to share a memory file that I made for a friend's 16th birthday about a year ago. (Life has been a little busy and crazy so I pulled this one out of my archives to share today!) :-)  I love Heidi Swapp's memory files so I created one to help my friend remember her special day! Here is a picture of the completed file and then I'll go into more detail.


I started with a plain, standard size file folder.



Next, I covered it with paper and stamped the corners with some decorative stamps in my stash.


I then began making some elements and embellishments for the cover and inside. I used several Cricut cartridges, including Fabulous Finds, Graphically Speaking, Art Philosophy and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. I stamped them with stamps I had.

Next, I made a mini book to go inside for putting pictures. I, again, used stamps from my stash to decorate the pages. You will notice that all the edges are inked. I like how that really completes the look. I just used some paper scraps to make page-turning tabs.

Now for the fun part of putting it all together! I forgot to mention that I used Kraft paper to line the inside of the folder. The pockets on the right side are from 7 Gypsies and the tags in those pockets are from My Mind's Eye. 




More close-ups:
I used Liquid Glass from Close To My Heart to accent the letters.

I wrinkled up the tickets before adhering them to add some dimension.



Another look at the finished file:


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope this inspires you to make a Memory File of your own!


Java Jen





5 comments:

Sonya said...

Awesome job!! Lots of great details and love went into this project!

Charlotte C said...

Never saw one of these. It's a great idea and you did a beautiful job.

Karon said...

WOW Jen, this is wonderful ! TFS

Dk said...

This is so cool. Maybe one day I can build up my nerve to try one.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Jen this is wonderful for keeping those precious memories in! Thanks for sharing.