August 19, 2014

Using Up those Scraps

Hi everyone.  Karon here from Karon's Krafty Korner, for my little visit.

I have had a really big sort out of my craft room and therefore have been trying to use up a lot of my scraps - and I do have a lot of scraps!!

Here is my card for today, and I will explain how I made it below. I am using up my 8" by 3" cards from the UK.


I used a 1.5" punch to cut out a pile of circles from my scraps.  I am working my way through my colour drawers, so it's greens today :-)


I got a piece of plain card stock (yep from my scraps) and covered it with double sided sticky tape.  Then I placed my first layer of circles.


The second layer of circles I inked up, and then placed over the spots that remained to be covered. Trimmed it down to fit my card.


Next up, I used some more scraps (told you I have a lot LOL) and made some flowers.  I was inspired to make these flowers by Desire of Doing Life, and here is the link to her great tutorial for them.  Thanks for sharing Desire.  The tiny butterfly is from Birds Cards and the sentiment is from a Polkadoodles CD.


For the inside I just added a cream panel to the patterned paper and stamped it with some tiny butterflies.


And there you go, a card from scraps.


Thanks for letting me come visit Sheila, I really appreciate it.

Happy crafting everyone.

2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Karon this is wonderful, I have to start using my scraps ups as I now have 3 boxes full of scraps! Thanks for sharing today.

Boopster said...

Thanks for the terrific idea of circles! Your card is lovely.