June 12, 2011

Father's Day Cards

This year I made a very simple design for some of the men in my life. This is the year that I decided I am no longer buying any cards so I have really been busy making my cards. I am finding it is very difficult to do when you have a full time job away from the home along with the full time job of keeping a home to find the time to keep up. Because of that I am finding that my cards are becoming... shall I say... less ornate!!! LOL
I have 1 son, 2 son in laws, a father and my hubby to make cards for. I still need to make one for hubby but kept it simple for the other four.
I started with this yummy paper stack called the Guys Stack from DCWV. All it took was four sheets of paper and it made 4 5x5 cards with a few strips left over that I can use on another card!
I cut all the pieces and scored each of the cards.

I inked the edges of all the pieces.
I cut the twine to the right length for all four cards and got ready to assemble the cards. I really felt like I had an assembly line going.
I then glued the Sentiment onto the inside of each card as it would allow enough drying time. This glue has a wonderful dauber on one end and it makes it easy to apply. I then assembled the rest of the card.
This is the inside of the card. Wow what an intricate cut! It is from Wrap It Up.
Such a wonderfully simple card that is just perfect for the manly men in our family. All love to boat and fish so I used a boat on the front as last year I used a fish and wanted a different look with their love of all to do with boating and fishing.
Well all done and not to bad on the time either. I started at 8 am and picked out paper, cut, inked and assembled all 4 cards by 9:30 am. Not too shabby! It really makes you feel good when they are done! Now all I have to do is come up with one for my handsome hubby.... maybe I will just take him out to dinner! LOL
I sure hope you like today's post. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me.
signature
Post a Comment