June 15, 2011

Vinyl Wall Hanging

Hello everyone,
Sherri here from Sherri's Crafty Place, feeling a lot older today......today I celebrate my 40th Birthday, boy is that hard to say, it will definitely take some getting use too....LOL
well today I have project using my Gypsy, vinyl and a little paint...oh and of coarse some stickles, I feel every project could use some bling....
I made a wall hanging, I think I will be hanging this to welcome people to our Travel Trailer
 here is how I made it....
I picked this piece of woood up at the dollar store.... 
then I painted it blue....... 

 I (heart)vinyl...........
I designed it on my Gypsy, then laid the vinyl out on my mat, be sure to change your Cricut setting to Kiss cut the vinyl...I put my speed at 2 my pressure at 2 and my blade depth at 4.... 
 this is called weeding, I left everything I was going to use on the sheet and removed all the vinyl I was not using....the Cartridge I used for the letters is Lyrical Letters, and I welded my letters together...... 
 here is the light house using the Life is a Beach Cartridge....
 I added the layers to the Light house before I placed it on my painted wood...
( LOVE my tweezer bees...a must have....)
 now instead of using transfer tape, which could be a little expensive, I use mesh drywall tape, it is kinda sticky in one side and you can get it at the dollar store( or BORROW some from the hubbies garage...hehehehehehe)and I used this one piece to place all my images....
 now just using my finger I burnished the light house onto the wood, and slowly lift the tape up, then continue burnishing the light house to the wood....
 ( I love how it is looking!!!!!)
 you need to be a little more careful with the letters, just take it slow....  
 and now I added a little bling to the sand, I Love stickles....
 and here is the finished wall hanging....and I am going to use a clear coat of spray sealer to finish it off....
I just LOVE how it turned out......I hope you do to....
well Thank you Sheila for letting me come and play here for the day.....
I so enjoy my days at She's A Sassy Lady.....
If you have any question about using Vinyl, pop over to my blog and leave me a comment, I will do my best to help you out, I just love using Vinyl.
Sherri......

9 comments:

tt.scraps said...

Awesome!!!!!!! :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Happy Birthday Sherri!
This is a gorgeous wall hanging. I love the color and the beach theme is perfect! Thank you for sharing this great tutorial with us today.

Josie0602 said...

This is a great project!! I may have to borrow that idea from you! Happy birthday!! It is also my DH's birthday!!

Missie said...

Very nice! I just love vinyl! I have a few big projects for the house to do this summer and can't wait to get started.

Audrey Frelx said...

Sherri, what a great wall hanging!!! You did wonderful!!!

And, again, hope you have a beautiful birthday.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Awesome project!! I need to do more vinyl projects! Yours looks so good! By the way, I LOVE my tweezer bees and I agree, they are a must have!!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Wonderful project and thanks for the mesh tip!
Have a wonderful B-day!!

Andrea Amu said...

Darling sign with the vinyl!
I love your tip for using the mesh drywall tape for transfer! ;)

Crooked Scrapper said...

Happy Birthday Sherri!!!!

Love your sign and the great tip for using the mesh dry wall tip. Hubby will never know I borrowed some. HeHeHe

cowbelleru@sbcglobal.net