June 16, 2012

Gypsy Made Simple - From Super Simple To Challenging You Too Can Make This Father's Day Card


Time for something new this week! We have a card for you to create whether this is the first time you turned your machine on or you are a pro we should be able to challenge you this week to create! This week I took 2 cuts; the globe on going places and the word Dad from Beyond birthdays and created 3 different cards.  Go grab a cup of coffee, turn on your Gypsy and let's get to work.


This first card was made by setting the height for the word Dad to 2.75" and then stretched the width to 5". You can see this done in video 3.

In this video you will learn to take a simple shape in shadow form and double it to create a card. Then you will be able to add the layers needed to bring interest to your card. You will also learn to use the hide contour and lay your layers on the page for ease of cutting different colors.

This is a cute little card that is as easy as can be to make. Add the right sentiment and you have a great little card that is sure to put a smile on the recipients face.


See how easy this little card went together. I love typing the sentiment on me computer and with a little planning I can effectively place it on my mat to fit the image I am cutting. Now let's move on to the next video and we will crank it up a notch and you will just add 1 more shape to your card to create a totally different look.


See how a few extra steps can make a huge difference, and it isn't that difficult to do. I just love using my Gypsy to weld diffent peice together to create an awesome image. Just think after today you will too.


Let's put this card together now that we have it designe. In the this video you will see me put together two more Father's Day cards.


Isn't this card great? I love it, and with just a couple of extra little steps it just makes a 'world' of difference. I know my hubby will love this card. And doesn't it have a masculine look to it. No bows, bling or ribbon just a nice straight cut and lots of inking.

Here is a close up of the card. Don't you love the dimension? And the inking jsut adds that little extra it needed.

Here are all three cards. I love that I was able to make just a few alterations and have 3 very different cards. I challenge you to use your Gypsy this week to create a card or page. Just create and link it up. And, I really do want to see all of your Father's Day cards and anything else you create. Just link it up and let's see what you did.
Thank you for joining us today and thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you. Have a blessed week.

12 comments:

Brandy said...

It's so hard for me to come up with cards for men sometimes and this is a great idea for a Father's Day card! Love the paper choices and the added dimension on he globe!!! TFS! :)

Lisa said...

I agree, why do we have such a hard time with masculine cards. I know, you can't add ribbons and flowers and cutesy embellishments. I think like cars, fishing, hunting, sports. Maybe it's not so hard getting the card done but I find the embellishments are a challenge. Great cards Sheila, as always. I love that you made 3 different cards using the same images.

Busy Bee Vinyl Creations said...

I just want to write a note to thank you for all of yoou wonderful videos. You have been so helpful and so encouraging to everyone. Thank you so much. God Bless!
Kathy <3

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Sheila - these are amazing. And what fab tutorials, I don't own a gypsy but could use CCR or Design studio, but of course that would mean I have to go and buy the carts too:-)

TFS

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Great masculine card.Love your challenges they are so fun and really challenging.Love the embossing.

Charlotte C said...

What a great job you did on these cards, as usual, Sheila. Love the tutorials. I heard you mention Jeannie who used to post the most incredible cards on the message boards. That was Jeannie Phillips. I miss her incredible work too. Her website is www.aplaceformycards.com, but she hasn't posted since October and she's doing crochet work. But we have you!!!!

Charlotte said...

Sheila, Oh how wonderful this is. I love all three of the cards and what a great idea. Your Gypsy Made Simple series is just one of the best sources ever!!
Charlotte

TheTulipCollector said...

Well, I will have to dust off Anastasia and see how many updates she needs and then perhaps I could try and design something! ;/

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Wow! and another "Wow"! Great shape card! Love all the details!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@gmail.com

Cricut Couple said...

That's a wonderful design Sheila! I just love it!

Unknown said...

As always Sheila, you give the BEST video tutorials on how to use the Gypsy to her fullest :)
Huge hugs
Adele

Yelowflower said...

I love how easy you make it seem....and it is easier than I would have thought....but.... I MISS MY GYPSY!!! it died on me and PC says it's the screen and cannot be fixed and there are none to be found from "an authorized dealer" so that I can have it re-serialized. boo hoo
but I'm still reading your blog and hoping that soon.....