February 4, 2013

Be Mine Card

Hello and Happy February!!!  

This is Lori from ScrappinMyStressAway and I am in Valentine mode as I am sure most of you are!  I am so excited to be here at She's A Sassy Lady today!!

I bought my CTMH Artiste cartridge from Sheila and I LOVE it even more than the CTMH Art Philosophy cart!!  I was at a crop last weekend and saw some of the z-fold cards that are on this cart (from the CTMH vendor) and I was inspired instantly!!!!

I saw the cuts in the booklet and could not picture what they would make or look like (I am a visual person)!!

All of the function buttons on the "S" key are z-fold cards with different cut out shapes.  Naturally, I picked the heart to work with.  I sized two card bases to 5 inches.

NOTE - I created a file on my Gypsy with all of the cards and coordinating shapes so I would not have to hunt the next time I want to make one.   I labeled my file cards.artiste.

You can easily cut out the card base once and go with it, but I wanted to layer some paper on.  I cut one card out of red cardstock.  The other is a 2-sided paper from the Carta Bella Devoted Paper Kit paper.

It is super easy to fold the card in half and then fold the front half back.  There are score marks to guide you.


I trimmed off the front flap out of the Carta Bella paper.

 In order to create a red mat, I trimmed a tiny bit off of the sides.  I adhered it to the front of the card.

On Layer 2 of my Gypsy I placed the shapes I planned to use on the card.  I wanted one more card layer so I copied it onto this page as well.

I put "Be Mine" sized to 1 inch on my mat.

The hearts are sized from 3.20 to 3.47 inches.

I put white and black cardstock and another double sided paper from Carta Bella and cut them out.

I ended up using the back side of the cupid paper.  I inked the white heart with black and adhered the "Be Mine" sentiment.

Here you can see how the heart seems to move when you open the card.

Two patterned papers on one project is as many as I am comfortable with!!!  I left the heart red but added a Recollections white paper flower, red button and some twine.


What a fun card!  I can't wait to make the others!!!

Thank you Sheila for having me over today!!!



8 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Lori, your card is so cute! I was the same way with the Artiste... I also am very visual so I watch vids to figure it out! I bet seeing it in person was even better! Thanks for helping me through my valentine rut... I need more valentines and I was running out of ideas! lol Kathi

Nicole said...

Lori this is a super cute card!! Thanks for sharing!

Karon said...

Lori - this is so pretty and I love those papers. TFS and have a wonderful week.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori, This card is just too cute I love the shape, the design, and also the yummy papers that you used. How cute is this? LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing with us today!

Charlotte C said...

I love your card! And by coincidence, I just used the square version of this card to make a get well card. I'm posting it on the Facebook Art Philosophy/Artiste group I belong to. Beautiful papers on your card, too.

BethAnn M said...

Beautiful & Fun, which fills my card criteria! I have Artiste and I could never figure out what those were. Thank you so much for showing me and I am going to give it a try. BethAnn M.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for the detailed instructions, too!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Java Jen's Creations said...

I love this card and the Artiste cartridge!! Thanks for the inspiration to pull this cartridge out and get busy creating!! :-)