February 22, 2013

Writing On The Wall


Hello Crafty Friends, 
Sherri here from Sherri's Crafty Place and today I would like to share  a project I did for my MIL, she had just painted her bedroom and wanted some writing on the wall above her bed, she had a picture in her room in a frame with some beautiful, romantic saying on them so we used one of them to put on the wall....here is a pic of the finished work.... I am so happy with how it turned out, and She LOVED IT!!!!
So using your a font from my computer and my 12 x 24 mat I started typing...
using a ruler and painters tape we made a level starting line....
and we used a lot of transfer tape
 I found it easier to start at the end and work backwards....
after we place the words she felt it was missing something.... 
we added the 2 hearts, they were an after thought but they fit perfectly where they are, almost like we planned it...hehehe
 here a little close up 
I did use my MTC software, but you could use this with your Gypsy or the CCR
Thank you for stopping by today, 


❀Sherri❀

9 comments:

Carol's Creations said...

This is beautiful. I have always been interested in doing something like this but my main concern is how well it works on texured walls? Great job and I love the addition of the hearts, perfect choice!

Unknown said...

Beautiful saying Sherri! It looks great on your wall - thank for the tips!!!

Amy said...

Gorgeous! What font is that?

SherriC. said...

Thank you so much for your comments...the font is Murray Hill Bold......I love this font....

Charlotte C said...

Super job. What patience. Love it. TFS

Karon said...

Oh My Goodness - this is fabulous - love the wording!!! TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Sherri, this is just beautiful I just love the letters that you used in the wording is just fantastic thank you so much for sharing this today.

Pat Bowman said...

Sherri this is just beautiful! I've been trying to think of something to do above my bed. This is really a cool idea.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Beautiful quote! Thanks for the tips on starting backwards when adhering the vinyl.