February 11, 2013

LOVE banner



Happy Monday!  This is Melody from A Splash Here and There blog and today is my day to post here at She’s a Sassy Lady blog.  Thanks Sheila for allowing me to share with her readers once a month.  Today’s project is a very quick and easy one.  This is a banner love “kit” purchased from the Silhouette Store for 75 cents (all Valentine related cuts are currently on sale at the Silhouette Store until Valentines) and is by Alaa’ Studio (Design ID #38229).  I used my Cameo to cut the pieces.

I’m always late to try the latest  “trend” and haven’t really tried anything remotely resembling chevron so I was thrilled to see this set of banner.  I started out by fitting the banner base as big as I could fit it in an 8 1/2 x 11 inches paper guide on the Silhouette Studio.  The measurements I came up with was 10.58 inches tall x 5.755 wide;  I cut the banners in white cardstock, then used one of my kids’ pink crayola markers for the faux stitching effect.



I then cut the letters LOVE using K&C cardstock.  I used the offset feature on the Silhouette Studio to create a shadow for the letters and then cut those in black to make the top layers stand out.  After putting the shadow layers to the LOVE, I adhered them to the banners using foam mounts for some depth, then added some premade flowers onto the letters from the bridal section at Michaels.  At this point all I really needed to do was add some handmade crinkled ribbon to the top banner holes.  See….told you guys this was easy! 



I thank you so much for taking the time to stop by today!  Have a wonderful week! 

5 comments:

Charlotte C said...

I am really trying to NOT want that Cameo. Cute banner cuts.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is a cute banner... Great design and colors. TFS

Karon said...

What a fabulous banner - love the font for the letters. TFS

Unknown said...

What pretty banner flags!!! Love the font, chevron and the faux stitching!!

Banners Portland said...

amazing banner!