April 11, 2013

Magnetic learning boards

Hello everyone! This is Java Jen from JAVA JEN CREATIONS and I'm excited to share here today and over at CRICUT IS CLOSE TO MY HEART! It is a privilege, as always, Sheila! Thank you!

I made these magnetic learning boards for our two oldest grandsons for Christmas but have not had the chance to share them yet, so here they are:




I was so busy making these before Christmas that I didn't even take pictures as I was doing each step! Sorry! :-(  At any rate, here is my "recipe":

 Cricut Imagine Blast Off cartridge
Fabric fat quarters
Provo Craft Your Story laminating machine
button magnets
Mod Podge
Metal cookie sheet


I started by covering my cookie sheets with two different fat quarter pieces that I picked up at Joann's. Next, I printed and cut 2 of each letter, number and shape. I took one of each and glued them to my fabric-covered cookie sheet with Mod Podge, being sure to completely cover them. I took the next set and laminated them using my Your Story. After trimming them, I put a button magnet on the back of each and my magnet board is now complete! These are really quite easy to make! I'm hoping to do a more detailed post on my blog, at some point, to show all the fantastic details close-up. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! How creative! This is a fun project to make and loads of fun for the little ones to match the shapes, numbers and letter! Great project!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a GREAT project! Love the details of each magnet. How fun this will be for them to play with and learn along the way! Thanks for sharing today!

Karon said...

Such a really neat idea - love it!! TFS

Audrey Frelx said...



What a great project for little ones -- useful too!!! They'll love this! You did great!