November 19, 2013

A Quick Gift Card.

Hi everyone, its Karon here from Karon's Krafty Korner for my little visit to Sheila's blog.  Thanks so much for putting up with me.

I was catching up on some blog reading the other day and the Scrapbook Blessings Club challenge this time was to make a gift card following their tutorial.

Now, my mojo has been missing in action for a while now, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to make something and share with you all.


This was so easy to put together and their video tutorial. to make this great gift card holder, is fab.

The papers are a new Recollections card stock pack called Christmas and contains, three satin finished patterned papers and 2 matt papers. They are beautiful.


The snowflakes were cut out using my Silhouette Cameo and a file from Designs On Cloud 9, called Snowflakes Galore.  I cut them out of some cream satin finish papers.  


To add some depth to the papers, I added some of the snowflakes flat.  Some were cut in half and a couple were popped up, along with the sentiment to add dimension.

For the inside I did the same papers and there you can see where the gift card is.  I did add a little bit of sticky to the inside fold (to the left of the gift card) just to secure the fold.


I wish you could see the lovely sheen of those papers - they really are beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

5 comments:

Charlotte C said...

I think this is the best gift card holder I've seen - and your design is beautiful. I follow Dawn (that's her video) and her tutorials are amazing.
TFS such a great project.

Sonya said...

Great job, Karon! It's so pretty!!!!

Boopster said...

This little card makes my mouth water. I hope there are some Cricut snowflakes in my vast collection. I'm thinking the Frosted papers will look MAH-velous with this design!! GREAT job - thanks for the ideas.

Karon said...

Thanks everyone!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

So very pretty! Love the idea of using the design to hold a GC.