November 11, 2013

One Nation Under God



Happy Monday, blogging friends!  This is Melody from A Splash Here and There blog.  Very thankful to Sheila for letting me share my projects here with her readers once a month.  Today's card is in honor of all our servicemen who fight so we can have our freedom.  Happy Veteran's Day and thank you for all that you do for our country!

This card is sized at an A2 card.  The elements were designed using the Silhouette Studio and all cuts were done using my Cameo.  I started out with a mat sized at 4 x 5.25 in white cardstock and then embossed that with the Stars CB folder.  Then I attached this mat to the front of the card.


Then with the same size of mat, I created a mat for the inside of the card and used a flag image by Richard Young (Design ID #18881) and set it to print only.  Then I typed in my sentiments using the Abbeyline font for the "Thank You" and the Arial font to type "for everything you do for our country".  The patriotic flowers were by Loni Harris (Design ID #19120), flood-filled with patterns from my library.  The sentiment "One Nation Under God" was typed using the Cooper Black font, flood-filled in blue.  Below is a screenshot of the cuts I wanted to be printed before loading the page to my Cameo to cut.

Here is how the printed page looks like after printing and before I loaded in my Cameo to cut.  The Cameo uses the registration marks on the three corners to guide it where to cut.

yep, I prefer to use my old Cricut mats in my Cameo
because to me it is more durable than the Cameo mats


I added some irock silver gems on either side of the front sentiment, mounted it on foam mounts for some dimension.  Below is a peek at the inside of the card.


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


5 comments:

Boopster said...

Very nice card for Veteran's Day. I like the clean lines. thanks for sharing your ideas.

Dianne said...

Great design for Veteren's Day. TFS.

Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@aol.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful card and so timely. Thank you for sharing with us today.

Karon said...

Wonderful card and I love the fabulous embossing! TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is a wonderful card!! I love that embossing folder! Thanks for remembering our Veterans in such a special way!