October 9, 2011

A Bewitching Halloween

Hi crafty friends!  This is Jennifer (Simply Sassy Scrapper) from http://simplysassyscrapper.blogspot.com/!  I am so super excited to be a guest here on She's a Sassy Lady Blog and share with you a fun Halloween Layout!

For this project I used 2 (12 x 12) sheets of black cardstock as the base.  I chose to use plain cardstock and add glitter throughout the sheets myself as I felt that the glitter papers I had were just too glittery for what I had envisioned.  So to add the glitter I simply lightly sprayed the cardstock with Elmers Craft Bond Spray Glue and added JoAnn's silver Craft Glitter/shimmer to it.

To create the Web Base/Background Embellishment I used the TC Chic & Scary cartridge at 8 inches each on white card stock. I then glued the Webs on the base cardstock at opposite sides.  I then added some cotton like product I had left over from making Santa's beard last Christmas that I had picked up at a craft expo to give the Web its "webbing".  To get the web to stick, again I lightly sprayed some more of the craft bond over the web cardstock and glued down the "webbing".  I then added a spider from the  TC Chic & Scary cartridge at 2 1/2 inches.  I gave the spider some red bling for eyes at placed on the web with a few small glue dots.
To give the bottom of ea. page a sort of foggy/eery look, I mixed together some paint to make grey and painted it on using crumpled up paper towel & added some silver spray glitter. 

I then placed the photo mattes down with papers from last years DCWV Midnight Spell Paper collection (base matte 4 1/2" x 6 1/2"/top matte 4 1/4" x 6 1/4"), (3 1/2 " x 3 1/2" base matte/top matte 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"),
(2 1/2 " x 2 1/2" base matte/top matte 2 1/4" x 2 1/4"). I also added some ribbon to a couple of mattes. 

Title Instructions:
The Title "A Bewitching Moment" is made from several carts. 

"A" is from the Blackletter cart (base letter/blackout&shift 2.23"w & 3"h; top letter layer shift only 1.97"w & 2.65"h). 
The "bewitching" is from the Happy Hauntings cart (base word/Phrase&Shift 7.96"w x 2.18h; top title layer Phrase only 7.85"w x 2.18"h).
The "Moment" is from the Gypsy Wanderings Cartridge (base word/Phrase&Shift 3.71"w x 1"h; top title layer Phrase only 3.66"w x 1.02"h)
**I did remove the S from moments manually with scissors to change the word to Moment. I used Stickles (icing) to trim the words of the title.

Other Page Embellishment Instructions:

Moon with Witch (used my G to weld) - George Fonts & Basic Shapes for Circle at 3.21"w x 3"h;
Happy Hauntings for the witch, use the shift key for the witch at 2.38"w x 1.82"h. added some black distressing ink around moon.
*Bats (layered with white base & red bling for eyes) - TC Chic & Scary cart; white base 1 1/2", black at 1 1/4". Also used pop dots in between layers to give it diminsion.
*Spooky Tree - Cut 2 Trees at 6" from the TC Chic and Scary cart.  I layered the 2 trees and folded the branches to give it diminsion and then I added some Diamond Dust on branches for some extra pizazz.
*Flowers were cut using the Flower Shop Cart (my G file for these didn't save so I apologize for not having the exact shape and diminsions), the flowers are 3 layers I believe the base began at 2 1/2", then 2", then 1 1/4".  I also added Diamond Dust on pedals to give the embellishments more pizzaz.
*Canvas Tickets and Scalloped Embellishment are from Little Yellow Bicycle Halloween Collection.

 Thank you so much for looking!!!  I appreciate everyones creative ideas that inspire me!!! Hope you have a fantastic day!!! Jennifer 
Post a Comment