October 23, 2011

Cuckoo Clock Box

Hi fellow crafter's Adele  here 
Firstly I wish to thank Sheila for inviting me to be a guest designer here today.

 I wanted to share with you my Cuckoo Clock Box, this is a versatile box and can easily be converted for any occasion.


I first got all my shapes cut from my Gypsy


Score around the all sides of the shaped box on both front and back section at 1/4", 
 Cut a V into the corner sections where you would normally do for any box, also where the roof meets the sides, this will allow you to form the box shape, glue these tabs with strong adhesive.
Next attach the hinged window section


For the next part, you need to score the 2 side edges at 1/2" on both ends, attach to both sides of the box front on the outside, as shown below. 
Remember to only add adhesive to the lower edge.


You next need to score the larger of the two roof edges at 3/4" on one side and attach to the front of your box on the left hand side, the shorter roof edge piece goes on top of the right hand side and the covers the extended left hand side tab.
That leaves the bottom piece to be attached, all sides should be covered by the edges now, to complete the box lid.
For your circular piece, this can be anything you want, I chose a clock face from the same paper range.
Note this is larger than the orifice to allow for sentiments and perhaps pop dots for dimension etc.
Your box lid should now look like picture below.

For the final touch, I added gold peel off's around the clock face and the hinged window.
Please excuse the poor picture quality.


Thank you again Sheila for allowing me to share my project with your viewers.

If you would like the Gypsy file for this Cuckoo Clock Box you can grab it HERE
Happy Crafting
Hugs
Adele

14 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adele, this box is adorable. I love that you made it off your Gypsy! And thanks for the great tutorial and the free file! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us today.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Beautiful box/clock! I love the design paper you used and what a fun and unique project! I love it!
Hugs,
M

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What an adorable box... and wonderful tutorial. AND thank you for sharing your .cut file with us.

Kelly said...

Love this cuckoo box. Fab how you designed it on the Gypsy. Thanks for sharing the file x

Unknown said...

Love your cuckoo clock!!! What a fun project!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wowzers! that is fantastic .. so elegant. Who wouldn't want one of those?

Lisa said...

Very beautiful, love the paper.

Cricut Couple said...

Are you kidding me? What?!? This is more brilliance that my little brain can handle. What?!?

Jennifer said...

What an adorable box. Love it.

Dan and Heather said...

This is an amazing box. I would love one of these. Hugs
Heather

Java Jen's Creations said...

Love this project!! It is soooo beautiful!! I can't wait to make one of my own! How sweet of you to share the file with us!! Thanks so much!!

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, Adele!!! This is truly an amazing project!!! I absolutely love this!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

This is such a cool project! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [25 Oct 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria