January 24, 2010

Birthday Sweets My SOUS LO



I just love this layout. It is my take on the Stuck On U Sketches January 15th challenge. Is a design by Liz Qualman. You can visit her at http://lizqualman.blogspot.com/. I am still using my Creative Memory books and scrapping in chronilogical order so I needed a right hand page and had to flip the design as shown below:
This is how the layout looks from different angles:

This is the layout I made ad the Riverside Swarm. After designing it on my Gypsy Woman I knew I need to be 100% prepared or I would not have completed this LO. I used Celebrations for hats, blowers, and cupcakes; Home Decor for swirls, George for circles, Plantin school book fro squares and scallop edge, A Childs Year for the letters, and Gypsy Wanderings for the cherries. It was 6 pages of cuts on my Gypsy and that took 4 hours just to cut. I used a thick paper so many cuts went through my cricut twice at a slow speed.
Paper and embelishment selection:
The pattern paper was a DCWS stack and the pink glitter sheet was purchased at Hobby Lobby in the designer paper section.
I placed all my items within about 3 of the pockets shown above. Small cuts were in little plastic bags within the envelope. I then started cutting and as you can see below many of the cuts were intricate so you had to carefully remove from the mat.

Yet as careful as I was sometimes the paper would pull apart. Be sure to carefully trim this away as it will show on the front of your cut.
Because I was preparing everthing to take, I laid it on the paper just to make sure everything fit properly. Can you imagine what a disaster it would be it I hadn't and a the cut would not fit and I had left my paper home for this project!
The little hats, and cupcakes were in three pieces. I bagged each item seperately to prevent ripping and ease of finding exactly what I wanted and without the loss of a piece.
My scrap bags are packed. I placed these items in my messenger bags as my tool bag was too full to take a chance of harming my work.
Now at the crop I started placing all the items on the page. When I placed the pink swirl circle above down (note I made this in 1 piece), I only adhered the circle as I wanted my swirls to have that loose look like the sketch has.
As you can see even my title was positioned, all I need to do was glue it down.
I had used the cuttlebug for the frosting on my cupcakes and planned on just using stickles but, you could tell tight here it wouldn't be enough. The beauty of a swarm is when you leave something behind, another person probably has it! Jen had white glitter!
So I used my Stampin Up crystal effects and her Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter and made frosting.
I set it aside while it was drying and put worked on chalking the little cherries. I had to use a green marker to make the stems look right, Jennifer had the right shade.  I place rhinestones on the pink hats and cherries.
I then positioned everything and adhered it to the page.

Walla, it is done. I hope you like this page, it was a challenge and a lot of fun. What is your favorite part of this layout? Download File Here.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thank you for leaving a comment! I do appreciate and am encouraged by them!
Post a Comment