October 9, 2010

Gypsy Made Simple - Window Cards Made Easy

Good morning. Today we are going to make a simple window card using our Gypsy. After a couple of emails and comments on the message board I decided to re-visit and make a video rather than a photo tutorial. Now you can make this card right along with me and then link it up at the bottom of this post.  We will use Gypsy Wanderings so that everyone can follow along and make this easy card. The 3rd video will offer a more complex window card followed by a photo tutorial for putting the card together.
So now get your favorite drink, and turn your Gypsy on and let's get to work.


I used a sheet of double sided K and Company paper and then some white scraps I had for the inside of the card, I didn't use the one in the tutorial as I had the perfect size already cut.
After my card was cut I scored it.
Folded it.... remember bring the back to the front as your front is the weaker side.
I got this done just in time to leave for work so I packaged it (2 cards) up and took 15 minutes on my lunch to put them together.
See how simple this one is.... I expect all you Gypsy newbies to do this card! and for you old timers well who couldn't use another and I could use some color ideas so be sure to link up your cards too.
This is my card all put together.
I used the I rock to add a little blink, I mean you can't have a card that is without right?
Now doesn't that look better?
And the inside looks good too.





This is one of the cute little birthday cards I made for two of our designers. I used Tim Holtz for the base of the card, and DCWV for most of the rest and scraps for the balance.
After cutting the card I scored it.
Then I pulled the base of one of my cupcake cuts apart for the base of the cupcake and put them together. I used the Cuttlebug on the top with the Swirl pattern.
This is before adhering as I always double check to make sure the pieces fit.
After embossing I added gems for sprinkles and white stickles to my the frosting glisten.
I ran the bottom of the cupcakes through the Xyron.
Here is the inside of the card. I love the lined paper, it was so easy to write on.

And the finished cards.
I just love having a card stash, it makes it so much easier to just reach in and grab when the need arises!

That's it for today and I want to thank you for spending time with me, I sure hope you learned something new and enjoyed today's projects. Wasn't it a lot easier than you expected to make that card?

Now your task is to cut and make a card and then link it up on my blog so we can see what you did and how much you are growing with your skills. These are basic skills that you are learning and they will be your stepping stones for everything you design in the future. Remember if you have any questions be sure to email me at ShesASassyLady@hotmail.com or if there is any area that you want me to cover please do the same as I am using your questions and suggestions for future Gypsy Made Simple features.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Thanks for your continued support and sweet words of encouragement. Your comments are what inspire me to share with you.
signature
Post a Comment