May 26, 2012

Gyspy Made Simple - Altering A Card Size From Cartridge To A Standard Size & A Scraplift!



Good Times Ahead! Don't you just love that sentiment for the front of a card? Boy you can use that for just about anything positive! Today on our Gypsy Made Simple series you will learn how to alter a ready made card that is on a cart to fit the size that you want while still retaining all the detail that you loved. I am also scrap lifting this AWESOME card from Aaron Brown of Booth 32. She sent me a similar card and I just had to make it on my own and share it with you today. I am a fairly new follower on Aaron's blog and I just love the awesome projects that she shares. This card though got sent right to my door and that is when the trouble started... I had to make this awesome card.
Now let's get out your Gypsy, grab a cup of coffee and let's get to work.


Now wasn't that easy? I used the Art Philosophy Cart but you can use any cart you want that has complete cards on it. You know, Just Because Cards, Birthday Bash, Wild Cards just to name a few. Use what you have already. See how easy it is to put together! Just take your time and do all the steps that give your card a finished look. Use hide contour if you don't like the score marks and if you chose a card with a window in it, remember you can hide that too.

Here is one of my completed cards and I have to tell you I love it! I used the Workshop On The Go Cruisin' Kit from Close To My Heart to create this card and I just love the papers. It even came with the bottle caps and stamp set. I just my own inks and I was good to go with Grey Flannel, I used the twine that I had from My Craft Spot, some left over paper scraps from the card party, and some black ribbon. I was trilled with the way this turned out.


Now wasn't that easy to put together. I kept Aaron's card close at hand the whole time as I didn't want to miss any detail on it as I thought the card was just perfect. I love the colors and the detail she used and I think I accomplished a very successful scrap lift that the original crafter would be proud to say yup that looks good! I always like to make mine as good as the original even if I don't have all the material they used.

This is a close up of the 2 fronts. Aaron's gorgeous card is on the left and mine is on the right. Aaron used the Adventure USA stamp set They both have the same look and feel even though I didn't use the exact materials.
Don't you just love how easy it is to alter a card from the cart and call it your own. The Gypsy makes it so easy and remember just like a computer if you make a mistake, just redo or restart your project. No loss it is like putting in a fresh sheet of paper each time you use it.
Now I challenge YOU to make a card this week by using one of the carts that offer cards on it and make the card fit an A2 size, then make it 2 up so that you are actually making two cards with one cut! Then link it up. Also try to scap lift from something that you love the design and link it up. Be sure to give your original designer credit on your blog and I am sure they will be flattered that you thought enough of their design to want to make one of your own. Let's see those awesome cards. Link up your card today.
Thank your for joining us, I hope you enjoyed today's post, be sure to come back every day for a new project offered on She's A Sassy Lady. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comment inspire me to continue sharing with you.

6 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Great card. I've done this many times because I like to do 5 x 7 cards. This would be a perfect card for Father's Day! TFS.

Cricut Couple said...

This is just fantastic! I agree with Charlotte, this is perfect for Father's Day! I need a day off to play!

Lisa said...

Great job Sheila, looks like a fun way to recreate. :)

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Shelia, thank you for your Gypsy videos! What a wonderful asset all these videos are to my crafting! Again, you have created another fabulous card!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@gmail.com

Java Jen's Creations said...

Sheila, I LOVE these cards!!! I always look forward to your videos because I learn so much!! I use my Gypsy all the time and I love learning new things about it!! I will be purchasing this workshop kit because I love everything that comes in it!!! Thanks so much for all you do!

Simply Sassy Scrapper said...

Love the card! Great design and I too enjoy your videos! Thank you so much for sharing your ideas, and giving others your knowledge!