May 2, 2012

Sketch To The Rescue


Hey scrappers, this is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy and I'm happy to be here with you today.  I was looking for a little inspiration and came across a great blog with lots of beautiful cards and great sketches.  I highly recommend you check out The Sweetest Thing.  I found a sketch that I really liked and decided to give it a go.


There weren't any measurements included with the sketch, so I'll include mine.  As always with sketches you can flip and move things around.  I'm using a standard 4 1/4 by 5 1/2-inch card.  Starting from the lower left corner: 3 1/2 x 3, 3 1/2 x 2 1/2, 1 1/4 x 5 and 1 x 5-inches.



The camera is a die cut image from the online Silhouette store.



The banners below were part of the reason I chose the card sketch.  All sort of great sentiments that can be added to a card or layout.


Here's my completed card.  Simple, but great pops of color and patterns.


I decided to create another card using the same sketch.


A view of the dimension on this card.


Details:
  • Solid Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink
  • Pattern Paper:  Card #1-Basic Grey "Out of Print" and Card #2-October Afternoon "Thriftshop"
  • Wood Banners-My Mind's Eye
  • Butterfly Die Cuts:  October Afternoon "Sidewalks" Flower Sack
  • Twine:  The Twinery
  • Scallop Edge Border Punch:  Stampin' Up!
  • Oval Frame:  Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Ovals (Large)
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow, I really love your cards. I need to try making them from sketches. They are awesome. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable! Love that camera!

2 Ducky said...

Really dig that camera!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Your cards are beautiful!! I love using sketches to get my creative juices flowing!

Barb Smith said...

These are a couple of very cute cards. Love the tags. TFS.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

Jeannie said...

How cute! This made me smile and I am loving the colors! Cannot wait to lift this one! TFS.

Cricut Couple said...

These are wonderful Kate! Both are just perfection!

Audrey Frelx said...

What a lovely card, and I just love the camera!!! Looks like you put a lot of love into this!!! TFS!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards!! Love the heart lens on your camera!