May 3, 2012

A PRETTY ALTERED EYEGLASS CASE FOR MOTHER'S DAY

Hi, everyone!!!  It's Audrey.  So glad to be back again this month at Sheila's with another little project for you!  Thank you, my sweet Sheila for my being here!!!
Today's project/tutorial is a quick and easy altered eyeglass case that I've been wanting to do for some time now:


My BFF loves fancy sunglasses, so I'm getting her a nice pair for Mother's Day, and I thought this would be a wonderful way of presenting them to her.
I found the eyeglass case at a General Dollar Store for $1.99 and grabbed several pairs.  Here's what they started out looking like:

I know my girlfriend loves gold, so I began by painting the case a metallic gold.  I used three (3) coats of paint, allowing each coat to dry about 30 minutes between coats:


I found some pretty gold and cream trim, so I glued it to the bottom lip of the case:


Next I decided on how I wanted to embellish the case, then gathered all the necessary materials together:


Wired Beads (Cream)
Gold Buttons
Gold Beads
Gold Wired Ribbon Double Bow
Cream Roses
Rhinestone "Bling" Embellishments (Bronze and Gold)
Skeleton Leaves (Cream)
Gold and Deep Bronze Stickles

I arranged all the embellishments to my liking, and finished the case by gluing/attaching them all to the case and used a bit of the Stickles on the flowers to highlight them -- all done!  Here's another view of the back and top:


I love this, and hope you like it too!  I think I'll be giving quite a few sunglasses or reading glasses away for Mother's Day... lol!!!
Well, as always, thanks so much for coming by, and I'll be seeing you next month!!!
Post a Comment