July 10, 2015

Photo Blocks

Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a fun project for Dad.
 
I had a special request for a Father's Day gift for my neighbor.  She is one of my best customers -she researches fun projects and asks me to make them for her!!
 
I took photos of her three grandkids and copied them in black and white on photo paper.  I had some 3" blocks left over from some home décor from years ago.  Yes I keep things for years hoping to repurpose them...No I am not a hoarder!!! 
I cut out two sets of letters spelling Dad and put them on two sides of the block.  I decided to put them on opposite sides so you could see pictures on each side of the letters.
 
I trimmed the pictures and used mod podge to adhere them.  I put a coat of mod podge on the block and another coat on top of the photo.  Once the blocks dried, I added a final coat of mod podge.
Kyle loved his gift and is going to put these on his desk.
 
When my son was a baby, I made smaller blocks that spelled his name and had photos of him.  I still have those 9 years later!!
 
Thanks Sheila for letting my share this project with you on your blog!!
 



5 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Good old mod podge. You did a great job, Lori. Love these.

Krafthead said...

Great project!!

MaryNSC said...

O wow FANTASTIC!! LOVEIT!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori these are just great and they would make a wonderful gift. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Lori, what an awesome gift. Great job, love how you put them together.