July 3, 2015

True Love

Happy Sizzling July Sassy People!

It’s Kenya here on this beautiful July 3rd! I had so many 4th of July plans to share BUT my plans crumbled. Love can bring metaphoric fireworks right? I know, kind of a stretch! Well, I have an anniversary card to share today!

My pastors celebrated 16 years of marriage. I would say some kind of fireworks had to be ignited…at least sparklers? If you knew them, you would understand the love and affection they share with each other.

Ok, enough with puns, on to the project! I used Design Space to design the card. I used the Sweethearts and Beyond Birthdays cartridges. I selected the images I desired and imported them onto the virtual mat. I made the frame by inserting a shape (square) and resizing it into a rectangle. Once  I was satisfied with the size, I duplicated the shape, aligned it and sliced the shape. 





Then I took the word “Love” and duplicated that twice and lined it up inside the frame. Then I added “True love” to the bottom and welded the words and shape together. After I was happy with the design, I cut them out using the Bo Bunny Crush collection and solid white Neenah white card stock. The little hearts were on the side and cut later. I also cut the “L” for love in a solid black. I later added “16” to represent the number of years of marriage. 


Once everything was cut out, I layered the pattern paper on the card stock for stability. I added the transparency to build a shaker card (last minute decision). I used the hearts (which were going to be added to the front) as the confetti and added some sequins to the inside. I also have the “16” peaking out at the bottom. For a finishing touch and shimmer, I added a little Wink of Stella to the “True Love”. 


Here is the finished card:

I hope you enjoyed today’s project! Remember to check back regularly to see more awesome projects from the talented DT! Enjoy the holiday! Kenya~

~~~~PAPER/CARDSTOCK~~~

Paper Trey Ink-White (card base)
Neenah-White (love cut)
Bo Bunny- (Crush Collection)
Recollections- (black & red)


~~~Supplies~~~
Sequins
Foam Tape
Tombow Adhesive
Transparency
Wink of Stella- (clear)

~~~TOOLS~~~
Cricut Explore
Cricut Design Space-(Beyond Birthdays, Basic Shapes & Sweethearts)

Martha Steward Scoreboard

6 comments:

Sonya said...

Awesome card!

Sandra said...

Fantastic card!

Charlotte C said...

I learned this technique originally from Sheila in her Gypsy Made Simple series quite a while back, welding words to a window. You created your own "window," a/k/a a frame, and I think your card is beautiful. TFS.

Boopster said...

Beautiful card! Excellent tutorial. Thanks for the precise pictures, too.

Cocoa's Mom said...

Such a lovely card, Kenya! And truly inspired to make the whole card front in the form of a shaker card. Very cool! TFS

Anonymous said...

This card is way beyond beautiful. You are full of the right kind of love, making this for a special couple.