July 1, 2010

Note Cards Make A Great Little Gift To Others, As Well As Yourself!

As you know every week I send out a Card Kit to some lucky reader and with it I send a little note. Well I have scads and scads of before cricut cards that are just card stock, colored paper and a ribbon that I did years ago. As I was to design something with the Sentimentals cart for Tuesday Treats for July 6th, I thought I would do note cards, and this was going to be it. You know they are cute but, it's not my blog and you know the Pink Stamper and Tammy and all the big names have designed on Tuesday Treats so I thought I better go back to the drawing board. Don't get me wrong these are cute, and I will use them but I want something really Sassy! Shhhh, don't tell Pam, but I don't know if I can do something with Sentimentals and be Sassy! So I will share my note cards on my blog! Shhh.
This is how I laid it out on the mat. Notice the upper left hand corner, I wanted a contrast but wanted to keep the scallop edge so I duplicated the notes made them about 1/4 inch smaller and ran them off the mat so I wouldn't waste paper.
This is how I laid it out on the mat. Notice on the right the writing on the paper matches the direction of the envelope.
I trimmed that little excess off the top of the contrasting color.
Then I grouped all the pieces together and bagged them up to make on my lunch hour. I did soooo many projects this week I needed to put them together on make them on the run.
I made sure that I had all my supplies and proceeded to put the little cards together.
I stickled the little flower, and felt it needed more so I then stickled Sassy and the scallop.
I also stickled the scallop on the envelope so they matched. Now it has some Sass!
And for a wonderful little gift just tie them all together with coordinating ribbon.
Well that's it for today! I hope you enjoyed this quick little project as it works so well for little gifts too. Do remember to keep note cards for yourself on hand. Then you are ready to make someone feel special with just a little note from you!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
I am always encouraged by your sweet - sweet words. Your comments inspire me to keep scrapping and sharing things with you.
signature

18 comments:

Unknown said...

These cards are so sparkly and SASSY!!! I love the sparklies on the scallops!!

flowerdisco said...

I have pics of my pre cricut cards to and i like to go back and look at them...they were very simple but beautiful in my opinion. of course i am going to say that...they were my babies :)

Pesky said...

These are adorable. I don't have the cart but can substitute with another cart and make some. Please get some rest. We need you on board for a long, long time. :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

wow.... these cards are adorable! Love the colors.

Granny said...

These are very cute cards. I really like the bling on them.

JustYolie said...

Adorable cards! I like the scallop edge and the sparkle! :)

Larelyn said...

Well, these are definitely SASSY! Very cute. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Just too cute. I love the sparkle... I wish lived close to you so you could teach me how to use my gypsy.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice cards they are sooo cute

Jodie R said...

Very pretty! They would be so fun to get! Great job, Sheila!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is FAB!!!! By the way, I tried using the code to put your button on my blog and it doesn't seem to be working right. I will probably just save the pic and upload it manually, but I wanted to let you know there may be something wrong in the code :)

Jodi said...

That is so adorable! I just love glitter, it makes everything POP!

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful and they would make great gifts too :)

Debbie Bakk said...

These are just SOOO cute..i want to make some too..for me and a few to have on hand . And they are SASSY great work thnaks for sharing this and all your other projects...have a happy 4th of July.

sucor said...

Beautiful papers. These turned out so lovely!

Becky Roper said...

Sheila I love these notecards. Thanks for sharing this great idea! I can't wait to get started on mine...

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Adorable cards!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

These are just the cutest note cards and oh so sassy!!!

Sheila, I'm still trying to get almost 2 weeks visiting in in my catching up, so I'll be back again to browse more of what I've missed! LOL!!! Everyone has done so many wonderful things and it's taking me a while to try to cover everything. See you in a bit!