August 17, 2010

Are you a Scrapbooker?!

Hi Everyone! My name is Kristy, I am a Scrapbooker, and a Picture-aholic! Everywhere we go I bring my camera and take TONS of pictures! I LOVE to scrapbook and preserve the special and even ordinary moments of my family's lives. I am NOT a "one" picture on a page kind of girl. I wish I could, but I always have soooo many pictures that I want to put on a page. Do you ever have that problem? If you do, I have a tip for you today. Here is what you will need: {plus your pictures}
I used Fabulous Finds to cut out these great hinges at 2". My pictures are 4" x 5 1/4" so I cut my paper at 4 1/2" x 5 1/2".
Then I scored each piece at 4".
Next, I attached the pictures to my papers by lining up the edge of the picture to the scored line.
I place the pictures onto the scrapbook page (where I wanted them and glued down the bottom picture/paper), and then lined up the hinges. Then I used a large thumb tack (you can get these at office supply stores) to pierce the holes for my brads.
Put the brads through the hinges and papers.
For this one I was able to attach "2" pictures and will also have room for journaling under the bottom picture.
On this page I had "5" pictures that I wanted to attach. If you are going to attach more than "2" pictures you will want to use a thinner type of paper.
Here it is attached and it is not too bulky!
I hope you enjoyed this "tip", and are able to use it soon! This is just one way to add more pictures to your pages. I was able to put "5" pictures on the first page of my layout, and "8" pictures on the second page of layout (and I didn't even have to cut any of them down)!

I will be posting the finished scrapbook pages on my blog soon! So please "pop" on over to Craftin-on-my-door to check them out! Thanks Sheila for letting me be a guest designer today at She's a Sassy Lady! Wishing you all a great day, and hoping you all have at least a little time to craft today! ;)

18 comments:

Fern said...

This is a wonderful idea!! I love it and I'm going to try it for sure.... Thanks for the tutorial!!! Have a wonderful day!! Hugs!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kristy what a wonderful tip for holding many photos on your page!!! I too take many photos and have the hardest time deciding what photos to scrap.... thats why my books are soooo big. I will have to try this. Do try to sneak back and add a finished page on this post so we can enjoy the whole page featuring this great idea. I have never used the hinges on Fabulous Finds, can't wait to try this.

Unknown said...

What a great idea!! Thanks for the tutorial!!

I don't have FF, but I bet I could "Gypsy-fy" something that would work!

Angie May said...

Wow, what a great tip. Thanks so much. No I need to add that cartridge to my bunch, if I can still find it :) Thanks!

flowerdisco said...

very cool technique. TFS!

TraciVee said...

Thanks for sharing that great idea! I like doing stuff like that on my pages, too. I sometimes make the folders on the FF cart and make pockets out of them to hold tags with extra photos because I can't stand the idea of having to exclude certain pictures. LOL. We crazy scrappers think of everything, right? lol :)

Milamemories (M&M) said...

Such a great idea, I usually never put just one photo on a layout, because I also have tons of pics I want on it. Unless I am doing a Canvas to hang on the wall, which i think this would be a great addition to that as well. Thanks for sharing.

Mila

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a great tip, thank you for sharing it.

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Oh my gosh what an awesome tip! I too have many picture I want on one page, so this is a really handy idea. Thanks again-your LO looks great!

Audrey Frelx said...

Kristy! Great job!!! What a great interactive page! How fun, I love it!

Debbie said...

Kristy what a wonderful job you did here I just love the idea and how you put it all together thanks again for another great project you have shared Debbie from http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/
love your work :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Great idea!! Love the hinges and how you were able to get so many pictures on your page!

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing! This is such a creative way to add those extra pictures to your pages!

Beth said...

great idea, love it.

thunderbirdlindy

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a great tip! I always have lots of photos also and this looks like a wonderful solution when you have a little photo overkill LOL

sucor said...

What a great tip Kristy!

June said...

Love this idea!!!! I will definitely try this out as I too can't but 1 photo on a page. I can't wait to see your finished layout!!! Thanks so much for sharing and for the inspiration!!!!!