February 7, 2011

Love Bug Bobble Card

Hello, Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway as your Guest Designer today!  I made a bobble card for Valentine's Day that I want to share with you!

The first thing I did was make a bobble.  I took a 1" circle punch, 22 gauge beading wire, wire cutters, tape and a sharpie.  I cut of a 4" (or so) piece of wire and wrapped it around a sharpie marker.

Next, I poked a small hole in the center of 2 of the circles.

I poked the wire through one of the holes, bent it and secured it with tape.

Repeated on the other side.

I used my tape runner to secure the remaining two circles on top of the taped circles.


Here is a side view of my bobble.  I set this aside and started to create the card.

I used my Simply Charmed cartridge to find this cute love bug.  I put the bug and layers on the mat and sized them to 2.25 inches high.  I put love bug on the mat at 1 inch high.

I separated the bug layers by color on my mat.

I wanted some extra hearts without the inside cut, so I copied one and selected Hide Contour.

I hid the inner cut (shown in red above).

Next, I loaded my paper on my mat and cut out my shapes.

Here they are!

I ran the bug layers and sentiment through my Xyron.

Isn't she cute?!?  Once the card was assembled, I added pink stickles to the heart cut out piece.

I used glue dots to attach the bug to the bobble.

For this card, you need a 4 x 12 inch piece of paper.  I did not have a pattern, so I created my own out of the pink cardstock below.  Score the paper at 2, 4, 8 & 10 inches.  I used my Martha Stewart Score Board.

Fold the paper accordian style.

It was hard to see my next folds, so I picked up that sharpie and drew these fab lines!!  The best way I could fold the diagonal folds was to mark the center with a pencil.

I marked both sides of the paper at 6 inches on the back.

I used the triangle piece from the bottom of the Score Board to score at a diagonal.  I made a total of 4 diagonal scores (and 7 diagonal years ago ~ couldn't resist!  I made two Xs).

You fold the sides to the inner triangles fold together.  I attached the bug and sentiment.

I ended up not using the hearts as planned (I will save them for another project).  I will tuck this card into the envelop of Valentine's For Vets that my daycare kids and I have made so far.

I hope you have fun making a bobble card yourself!!  Thanks Sheila for having me!!
Post a Comment