February 8, 2011

Sunshine and Smiles Card

Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations.  On my personal blog yesterday I made a complicated mini.  It was time consuming and artistically draining. So I decided for today's post I would K.I.S.S. -Keep it Simple Silly.  I first saw this phrase from Nicole, a fellow scrapper and designer here at She's A Sassy Lady. I try to keep that in mind when I need to change it up or to keep me from feeling overwhelmed.
 I took an A2 card and stamped the sentiment "Hope your day is filled with sunshine and smiles".  It is from the Pink By Design Stamp set called Take the Cake. I stamped it with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. 
The swirls are from Home Decor.  They were cut at 1.25 inches. I placed them so they would stretch out from under my flower.
I added the 3D flower.  I made these flowers for my Vintage Layout a couple of weeks ago.  This one was a spare and I could not bear to throw it away.  In case you did not see the video, here is how I made the flower.  I love making these.  They are super easy and very elegant.
The final touch was to tie some Divine Twine across the top of the card.  I love this twine.  I bought it from Pink By Design.  She sells a sampler pack which is the best way to buy it.
 I hope you have a great day! Thank you for leaving comments and following us here at She's A Sassy Lady and on my personal blog 217 Creations.

Post a Comment