December 4, 2011

Christmas Tags & Weekly Challenge

So are you getting ready for Christmas. I know I sure am.... Still working on presents and I need to address my Christmas cards. This weekend I hope to finish my Christmas shopping too. So we are moving right along. This week I mass produced Christmas gift tags.  And I want to tell you I had so much fun with these little stockings. I know I scrap lifted them and I think it was from Emma at My Creative Time basically because of the boa!!! She loves to use them and so do I but it wasn't until I did this project did I realize why I stopped using the feathers..... What a mess and so hard to clean as the little feathers fly all over! But it was well worth it!
Today I have 2 videos. I designed the little stocking to flip open on my Gypsy which is what you will see on the first video. The Gypsy makes everything so easy to design so grab your coffee and let's get to work.


Then for the second video I changed the design as I was out of red 12x12 paper and I wanted something super simple. Now if you are in a hurry and you want to save money this second video is for you! Such a simple design and so fast to put together. If you need to mass produce this is your method. I did 32 tags in 2 hours! That is from design, cut, assembly all the way through clean up. You gotta love that.


This is just so simple! You will love it.

The first thing I did was adhere all the backs on the stockings. Easy-peasy with my ATG.

Then I put a little hot glue on from my glue gun. And I want you to know this is the first time I did not burn myself with it... I am so proud.

 Then I pressed my little pre-cut pieces of boa to each stocking.

 I then added a little twine to each stocking after I punched a little hole in it.

That simple! Now I challenge you to make ANYTHING you need for Christmas and link it up! Anything; Christmas cards, tags, trees, gifts, banners but it must contain red or white... just link it up. This week's winner will receive either a stamp set or a set of monogrammed note cards (winners choice). The winner will be chosen via random.org. All entries will be in by Friday 4PM on December 9th and the winner will be announced Saturday morning the 10th.
Thank you for joining us today. I hope you enjoyed today's post and thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you.

6 comments:

Snowmanlover said...

Oh I love LInky's!!!! I linked to you! Now off to check out the other cute work! You are so much fun Sheila!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Sheila sorry I was having a little trouble with link and layout posted twice. Can you delete one of them? Also did you get my email about Kindle Fire?

SherriC. said...

these are just adorable Sheila!!!!
I was wanting to try and make all my tags this year, I may need to head to0 the craft store and get some boa....
TFS!!!!

Cricut Couple said...

Now... That's what I call a Sassy Stocking!

GabyCreates.com said...

Those are some Sassy Stockings indeed! love them!

Sukie said...

I didn't mean to link up twice, can you please delete my first posting. Sorry for the trouble. Love your stockings!