December 28, 2011

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Ink, No Colored Cardstock, No Foam, and Out of Ideas

Hi everyone, Beth here from thunderbirdlindybydesign.  This quick banner was not made in my craft room.  We are traveling for the Holidays, and I had the bright idea that I would have time to make something while I was gone.  I packed my Cricut, Gypsy, White, and red cardstock and a paper pad from GCD studios called Home for the Holidays.  I also packed my ATG, and nothing else.  What was I thinking?  And with the help of my inlaws, they provided a hole punch and some double sided foam tape that you use for putting down carpeting, and white ribbon, this is what I came up with.




I used Tis the Season for the Mittens and Cardinal, Jolly Holiday's for Winter Wishes, and Christmas for the Snowflakes.  The Mittens were cut with their layers at 6.11 tall using the Gypsy.  Winter Wishes was cut at 3.12 tall along with it's layers, the cardinal was cut at 2.29 tall along with it's layers, and the snowflakes were cut at 2.5 tall.

It sure is hard making something without all of your supplies at your finger tips.  It needs ink and glitter, and my craftroom!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, Thanks Sheila for allowing me to be a guest designer, until next time,  Beth.

13 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a fun story! This is creativity at its best! Cute banner! Double cute because it was made using what is available!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I really loved reading this story! Specially because you created something so pretty without a ton of supplies!! Great post and a great project:) Happy New Year!

Angi Barrs said...

You banner is so fun & creative!

CathyinMN said...

Cute banner! I think you did a great job with what you had on hand.

Dana Paper Memories4u said...

You did a wonderful job with such limited supplies. Love the mitten banner! papermemories4u@ yahoo.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow Beth this is AWESOME! And to think you did this while on the road! I can't get over that you only had a few supplies and came up with something so cute. Thanks for sharing with us today!

Audrey Frelx said...

Beth, it turned out great!!! Love how it looks! See what a crafter can still do with limited supplies? LOL!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

how fun everyone came together with what supplies they could find to help you AND it turned out just adorable

Bunnyfreak said...

You did great with minimal supplies.

Charlotte said...

Beth, This was such a fun story to read. I love your project!! It is great and even more wonderful that you created it with limited supplies! Super creative!!!
Charlotte

Cricut Couple said...

Well, you sure did better than what I would have come up with. Hee! Hee! I went over to Mom's house not too long ago as she wasn't feeling well. She didn't feel like driving. I about went crazy trying to help her though her projects in her little craft space. She still had everything, but I guess I am just completely spoiled with our craft room at home. Hee! Hee! You did a fabulous job and the project doesn't reflect any limitations. I just looks like a very wonderful and Sassy tutorial!

GabyCreates.com said...

Well, you sure are one resourceful crafter! Love how it turned out!

Unknown said...

Love how everything turned out with little supplies...well done you :)
TfS
Hugs
Adele