December 26, 2011

Happy New Year

Hey y'all! Good Morning! Aymee Gandy of 'A Scraphappy Southernbelle' here with you today to share a crafty project. I hope you are having a grand day so far! So tell me...how was your Christmas?!!! I hope all of you had a wonderful time with your family and friends. Did you get lots of goodies?! My family and I had a wonderful time! I really enjoyed getting to see everyone and spend time together. I think that is my favorite part of the holidays!

Now that Christmas is over, I figured we better start thinking about the next holiday...New Years!!! 2012 is right around the corner! I have a feeling it's gonna be a great year! In celebration of the New Year, I made a little card to send out to a friend. This was a very simple card to make and came together in about 30 minutes, so you can't beat that.

"Happy New Year"

Supplies Used
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Bazzill Basics Paper
Patterned Paper: The Paper Studio
Rhinestones, Pearls: Michaels
Thread: Coats & Clark
Electronic Cutter: Cricut Expression (Provo Craft)
Cartridges Used: Wild Card, Celebrate With Flourish
Software: Gypsy (Provo Craft)
Adhesive: Helmar
Other: sewing machine

I cut this card base out using the 'Wild Card' cartridge. I then cut my New Years embellishments using the 'Celebrate With Flourish' Cartridge. For the card front, I added a bit of stitching to bring out some texture. I also used pop dots to pop up my hat/clock cut. Last, I added some pearls and rhinestones for a bit of sparkle.
 Here is a view so you can see how my pop dots helped to raise the image on the card front.
 The inside is very simple and I used all my negative cardstock pieces I had leftover from cutting the card front.
I hope you have enjoyed this card and that it will inspire you to get crafty! Have a Happy New Year!

Happy Scrappin'!
Aymee

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great combination of cartridges. Thanks for sharing!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Lovely card! The colors are wonderful!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Very pretty Sheila. I love the stitching (something I want to do more of) and cute cuts from Cel with Flourish.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

We had a GREAT Christmas with my daughter making it from Chicago just in time for Christmas dinner! It was great!
I love your card it is so festive and you are right those pop dots really add dimension. Thanks for sharing with us today!

Audrey Frelx said...

Really pretty card, Aymee! TFS!

Audrey Frelx said...

Really pretty card, Aymee! TFS!

Bunnyfreak said...

Great card. Love the colors.

Cricut Couple said...

So Much Fun! I Love it!!!

janner said...

Lovely card. The colours are perfect.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

This is sooooo pretty, Aymee!!