January 28, 2012

The Card Party Was A Blast! And A Challenge!

Well it is about 4 in the afternoon and my guests are due to arrive in just a couple of hours. So I got my dining room table ready by placing a sheet of plastic on it that I bought at Hobby Lobby to protect the table from glue. I then took some Stampin' Up sheets and covered them with a She's A Sassy Lady blog header to make it look pretty and to define each ladies work area.
At each place setting my guests found a little Creative Memories photo holder (I used to be a consultant) to place their finished cards in, my ATC, a little treat bag with chocolate, heart rhinestones and a ticket for a couple of door prizes that will given away later in the evening.

Here are the door prizes, 2 DCWV stacks and a Creative Memories Hexagon punch. And if Kristie were here from Craftin' On My Door she would be snatching up that tulle!

I started by placing Chocolates at the table but moved them into the kitchen with our snacks. Since the space was so limited we kept all drinks and food in the kitchen as to not take a chance of any ones cards getting spilled on. I should have taken a photo of the goodies.... so yummy. We had guacamole and chips, jalapeno jelly on Philadelphia cream cheese with crackers, chocolates and little cakes a delicious punch and even champagne! Um Um um we took many breaks for food!
Here is Charlotte of A Little Bit of Detail and Abby. Abby made here first card with us on her mother Anita's Expression.
 Charlotte with her friend Linda.... They have been friends for years, and Linda just got her Cricut for Christmas... wait till you see her first card! Yikes!
Here is Anita on the left, my daughter Jennifer, and Jennifer a good friend of mine, I didn't have a photo of me taken as you already know what I look like.
 

Now wasn't that fun, you get to see everyone of the beautiful cards we made. I did take a quick shot of each on too for you to see.
This card was designed by Anita.... Sorry to say, I made my little owl body upside down!  The inside says Thinking of you. Isn't this just adorable?

My friend Jennifer designed this little Kleenex box holder for each of us using George and Elegant Edges.
 This is a 5x5 shape gate card I made using my Gypsy, George and Gypsy Wandering. The free file is under the Gypsy File tab.

This is another card I made on my Gypsy that the file is available too if you want, just look under the Gypsy tab.

Here is the inside of the card. As you can see it easily holds 2 tea bags in the little pocket. It is so easy to make you will love this card.

This adorable card was designed by Charlotte and is as cute as can be.

This is my little Igloo Penguin Shape card from Create a Critter cart. He is so handsome.

 This is Abby's first card ever. I couldn't get over the intricate design. The inside says Valentine Day, but I am not sure which cart she used.
This is a gift card holder that I made using My Creative Time's Die cut and stamp set. Note I used the left over papers from Jennifer's card to make these.
This is my daughter Jennifer's card. She had the idea written down and I designed it on my Gypsy Woman using George, Gypsy Wanderings and the Mickey Font.

 This is the inside of the card. It holds candy. She placed 2 bags of Sweethearts candy in it.
 This is my friend Jennifer's card. Isn't it great. It says Sweet Wishes on the inside. And I made my card like this signed it and took it to my Mother's the next day for her birthday. Jennifer was kind enough to give me another!
This card just blows me away. It is Linda's card, her very first card. Can you stand it? Well it turns out she is an avid scrapbooker and had the help of her friend Charlotte to show her how to work her new Expression! Love this card and it took me forever to put it together. Everyone else whipped it right out and it too me a long time but I finally finished it. It is beautiful don't you think?

This last card is my favorite. I love all the texture and detail in this card. Charlotte used the Sweet Treat Lite cartridge, fibre, her Cuttlebug, twine and skittles too to make this awesome card. I really don't want to give it or any of the other cards away. That is a problem I have and that is why I usually make two of all my cards, one to give away and the other to admire! LOL
Well I sure hope you enjoyed learning about our little party. We had so much fun and I encourage  you to try this with your friends too. I have cards that are so different from what I usually do and I am so thankful as I learned so much from each of the ladies that came, including our first time card makers. Fun Fun Fun is the only way I can sum up our time together. We did what we enjoy doing... Paper Crafts.
I challenge you to make something this week, anything and link it up. Let's see what you make, the only qualifier is you must use paper on the project.... anywhere on the project.
Thank you for joining us this week. Your sweet sweet words encourage me. And your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you.

18 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you had so much fun and the projects all look amazing!

Carla's Cards said...

Lovely cards and a great party...inspiration!

Barb Smith said...

All your cards and projects were wonderful. It looks like you all had a great time.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Wow such great creations! Can't believe some were made by first timers. What fun you guys had! Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What an amazing party and so many wonderful creations. I am so envious of you and all your crafty friends that got together. You put on a great party.

Sandra said...

Such beautiful cards! That looks like so much fun. I love the idea.
Sandra

papillon digital design said...

This is so fun1 And I admit I am so jealous! Wish teleportation was possible! for I would have joined you then :). Lovely , lovely cards!!

Running Turtle said...

I want to come to one of your parties!!! Looked like fun!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh I am jealous too... How fun that you were all able to get together.. AND the cards are just all gorgeous

Anonymous said...

The party looks like so much fun and the projects are WONDNERFUL!!! :-)

Charlotte said...

Well Sheila, I am rady to do it again. The photos are just as fun as the party was. I am excited we are going to do it again. I am ready to get started on my cards for the next one.

Thank ou again for inviting me. It was a great time for all!!
Charlotte

Sherri said...

Looks like you had fun and got some beautiful cards too. TFS

Unknown said...

Oh what fun you guy's had...wish I could have joined in :)
All the projects were amazing, such talent, even the newbie's produced fantastic works of art !!!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us
Hugs
Adele

CathyinMN said...

How much fun it was to watch your video and read your blog about the card party! I'm sure it was 1000 times more fun in person. Thanks for sharing your fun time with us. I wish I could've been there.

Simply Sassy Scrapper said...

What a fun party! Looks like you all had a blast! Everyone's projects turned out amazing!

Sukie said...

Looks like every had so much fun! I love your set up for the party, such a great hostess. The projects are beautiful and so unique!

Sherrie K. said...

What a great party! I love all the wonderful creation:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

GabyCreates.com said...

Oh so much fun!! love how you tied the bows on the paper pads!! Great set up!