January 9, 2012

My heart belongs to you.

Hello my crafty friends! This is Kimberly from My Craft Spot and I have a vintage style card for you today!


The patterned cardstock is from My Minds Eye - Lost & Found.  I absolutely love these 6x6 paper pads!  The sentiment is from my new Always & Forever stamp set.  The birdcage and layers were cut at 5.19 inches from the Sophie cartridge.  I wanted two birds so I used my Gypsy to flip and weld a second bird to the top of the cage.


I covered the red birdcage with glossy accents and then cut tiny pieces of dimensional adhesives to pop it off the card a bit.  

Helpful Hint:  When cutting intricate shapes from thick cardstock, I like to set my machine to cut 2 times and reduce the speed to 3.  I set the pressure at 5 and the blade depth at 6.  It also helps to have a newer blade.  This helps reduce tearing and gives you a clean cut. 


I love to add a light coat of glitter that doesn't overwhelm the diecut!  So,  for the birds, I first inked the edges with a brown ink and used my black pen to make eyes, then used a sponge to brush a light coat of glossy accents over each bird.  I lightly sprinkled the glitter on and tapped off any excess.


I used crackle accents on the heart and the button.  Then tied the tag and button on with a bit of twine and added some Aqua Mist crinkle ribbonI inked everything with Walnut distress ink. 


Come join the fun at My Craft Spot!

Post a Comment