April 9, 2012

3D Tea Cup from TBBM2!

Hello my Crafty friends!  This is Kimberly over at My Craft Spot and I have a fun 3D project for you today!  (Scroll down for a video showing how to assemble the tea cup.)


I cut and scored the Tea Cup (page 29) at 9 inches from the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge.  It's great to have two sided patterned paper for this project!  I thought it needed a little something along the top of the cup, so I added this (1 by 11) border, which I cut at 1 inch from the Paper Trimmings cartridge.


The sweet little tag is from my new Tiny Tags stamp set.  I stamped the outline, stitching, and sentiment.  Then I trimmed around the outline and matted the tag with brown patterned paper from Crate Paper. 


I tied a bow on the handle with Vanilla Bean Crinkle Ribbon and then attached the tag with twine (American Crafts)


The doily was cut at 3 inches from the Sophie cartridge.


I used the red tape from Provo craft on the tabs.  The blue patterned paper is from My Minds Eye and the cream paper is bazzill.  I stamped the sentiment on cream paper from Close to My Heart.


This would look great with a cupcake in it or filled with treats!


Here is a video showing how to assemble this fun tea cup:



Here is a video showing how to cut and score using the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More 2 cartridge and the Cricut Scoring Blade:



Come join the fun at My Craft Spot!  Click HERE for my Blog Makeover Giveaway!!

10 comments:

Dana said...

Really cute. I recently bought that cart...I will def have to try that image. Love the border around the top and the doily..finishing touches!
http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Java Jen's Creations said...

Oh my word!! Your tea cup is absolutely adorable!! I love the papers and colors you chose! Just perfect! Thanks so much for the videos - especially the one about cutting and scoring because I was having trouble knowing exactly how to do that with this cartridge!!

Barb Smith said...

I loved this project. I went over to Kimberly's blog and watched her videos on making this 3D tea cup. Great idea especially with Mother's Day coming.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

JJewel said...

That is just beautiful! The project, the colors.....amazing.

Myrna said...

Such a gorgeous tea cup.
Myrna

Migdalia said...

OMG!I love it!!!!Thats what I am making for my girlfriends for Mother's Day!!TFS
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kimberly, this is just adorable. It looks so delicate.... Just like a teacup would. Love the papers. Thanks for the great tutorial and for sharing with us today.

Cricut Couple said...

Holy Cow Kimberly! This is GORGEOUS! I had no idea that you could make something this amazing with that cartridge. Well, I guess I have to do more shopping. Hee! Hee! Stunning!!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

So adorable Kimberly!!! Love it - would be so cute at a little tea party with friends! Gorgeous as always!
hugs,
M

Unknown said...

Excellent videos! Gorgeous cup!