April 4, 2012

Easter Treat Bag


Hi scrappers, this is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy and I'm so happy to be here with you today.  As of late, I seem to have become quite the treat bag aficionado, and I figured, why change a good thing now?  Lol!  I also felt like since we're quickly approaching Easter you, my fellow scrappers, might appreciate a little inspiration.

The box I chose is from the online Silhouette store, but you can certainly find something similar on several Cricut cartridges.


Here is the basic box cut and scored.  I decided to personalize it and create a window.  I used a Spellbinders die and taped it on the inside of the box before I ran it through the Cuttlebug.  You can see that in the picture below.


Then I cut a piece of of vellum and glued it to the inside of the box.  This way the recipient can get a little peak of what's inside.  You could also use acetate if you prefer.


Even though I have a window I wanted to add this sweet little image of a bunny carrying his Easter eggs.  He was easy to color and would be fairly quick to duplicate if you wanted to make a large quantity of treat boxes.  I also added some dimensional pearls to the image.


Below is a picture of the assembled box.  As you can see there is a flap that folds down to close it up.


Of course I had to add a button and some twine to the enclosure.  Honestly, I can find a place for a button on nearly every project I create.


I decided to "frame" my image and used one of the same dies as above, to create it.  I did a little inking around the edges and added some dimensional adhesive.


Supplies:
  • Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon "Sidewalks"
  • Solid Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink "Sweet Blush"
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities "Large Labels"
  • Stampendous "Art Bunny" Stamp
  • Ink:  Jenni Bowlin- Chewing Gum and Speckled Egg, Memento- Tuxedo Black 
  • Button:  Papertrey Ink
  • Vellum:  Papertrey Ink
  • Twine:  I can't remember the brand, sorry.
  • Copic Markers

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope my little project provided you with some inspiration.  See you soon!

8 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

So super cute!! Love the paper for this adorable treat bag!
hugs,
M

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Very cute and just in time for Easter. Love the colors and your stamped image colored is adorable. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Unknown said...

Cute treat bag Kate :)
loving the colour choice of the image, so spring like and oh so cute!!!
Hugs
Adele

Candy said...

Super cute treat bag! Love the cute image!

Larelyn said...

Love it, love it! The button and twine - perfect! And what an adorable stamp. Thanks you for the inspiration.
Hugs,
Larelyn

GabyCreates.com said...

I was about to say cute set...but realized that you adorn the back of the treat bag! Adorable!

Java Jen's Creations said...

What an adorable project!!!! Love all the extra sweet details! Fantastic job!!

Rosie said...

very cute

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com