March 18, 2013

HERE COMES PETER COTTONTAIL


Thank you, Sheila, for once again allowing me the privilege of posting on your site.  I'm Charlotte C and
I just love this stamp from Stamps Happen that I’ve had for years so I decided to share an old technique with all of you so that the bunny “dances” across the card when the tab is pulled.  I used Distress Markers to color him, Stickled the star and cut him out of heavy card stock. 

Create a top fold 5 x 7 landscape card base and adhere a 6 ¾ x 4 ¾ mat to it

For the actual card front, cut a 6 ¾ x 4 ¾ rectangle from heavy patterned card stock.  Cut a ½”  x  5 ¾” slot opening about 1 ½” up from the bottom, centered left to right; scallop punch all four sides and ink the edges. 

Glue together two pieces of card stock sized at ¾” x 6 ¼” and set aside.  This will be your pull tab.

Cut a scrap of heavy card stock 2 ½” x 1 ¼” wide.  (Note: the width can vary depending on the image you will be using).  Score at ¾”, 1”, 1 ¼” and 1 ½”, crease well and fold as shown.  Let’s call this the tongue, because I don’t know what else to call it. 


Push that tongue through the slot from the back to the front of the card. Apply red line tacky tape close to the fold on each side of the slot (don’t take the protective liner off yet).


Slide that tongue over to the edge of the slot that would be the extreme left if you were looking at the front. Adhere the pull tab to the tongue.  Be sure it’s straight across. Using tacky tape, adhere a small scrap of card stock above and below the pull tab on the right side to keep it in line. (Use talc over any exposed tape to prevent any stickiness where you don’t want it.)


Apply foam tape or pop dots in the corners and above the slot.


Add your image with tacky tape to the tongue that’s sticking out (ha ha) on the front of your card.  Test that your tab pulls in and out smoothly before adhering this final layer to your card base.

Here’s two of my finished cards.  I put both up so you can see that the distance from the bottom of the card to the slot is flexible.  All depends on the size of your image. 
I used a very tiny stamp set from Martha Stewart to fit Happy Easter and Hippity Hop Hop in the slot and on the pull tab.  The carrot is from Create A Critter (cut at 1 ½”) with a Peachy Keen face.  The banner is cut from Artiste (4.01 x .70 unlinked) with computer-generated text. 


And then I had a DUH moment – no envelope to fit the card!  I followed Sheila’s directions she posted last year (see here), but here’s the quick measurements and a photo for you.  Cut your paper/lightweight card stock at 12 x 9 ¾.  Score at 7/8” along both 12” sides.  Score at 3 3/8” along both 9 ¾” sides.  Cut out between the score lines, round the corners before folding in and gluing.


I wish you all a Very Happy and Blessed Easter.


13 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

How cute is this! I just love slider cards. Thanks for sharing today.

Lisa said...

Very cute card, that image is adorable.

BethAnn M said...

I've never tried a slider before, but your instructions make it look like it's not too hard. I think I may have to give this a try. Thank you for the great idea. BethAnn M.

Unknown said...

This would be perfect to enter at my "Easter" Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas. Hope you will stop by and link up.


Tara
www.craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com

Karon said...

What a fabulous card - love this idea, thanks for sharing.

Charlotte C said...

Thank you. Not hard at all, BethAnn. I'm checking out your blog right now, Tara.

Lynn said...

Cute card! You inspired me to make a slider Easter card for my granddaughter only I modified it a bit since I don't have pnc capability and set ALL the pieces up in mtc. Just have to cut it all out and assemble now. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that awesome tutorial. I now have it on my to-try list!
Evelyn

Charlotte C said...

Wish I knew what pnc and mtc mean, but I'd love to see what you do, Lynn.

Lynn said...

Charlotte, pnc is print-n-cut (like with Silhouettes or KNK Zing)and mtc is MTC (Make-the-Cut) :) I'm not much of a card-maker, usually do other things with my cutter like vinyl, but now and then get the itch to do special cards for family, so if I post a photo once I get it assembled you have to promise not to laugh! Giggle, gasp in horror, chuckle, is ok, just don't LOL! :D ...gonna be a bit - working on that love affair with the feds right now called tax crap! Wondering where all the wonderful craft bloggers I follow are going to go now that Google Reader has been issued it's obit...

Java Jen's Creations said...

Your cards are so adorable!! Thanks for the fantastic tutorial!! I think I may just have to give slider cards a try!!

Charlotte C said...

Thanks for the info, Lynn. And I promise not to lol anything you post, or anyone else. Everyone is so talented I'm always gawking in awe.

Audrey Frelx said...

What an adorable card!!! Great tutorial and tfs!!!