March 24, 2013

GMS Tri-Fold Coyote Card Revisited



Good morning! Sure hoping you are having a great day. This week I am revisiting the Tri-fold card with a new design. I made this card for a dear lady that you probably know; Audrey from Cute And Some. She has been busy taking care of an ill family member for the last couple of months and has been away from crafting and blogging. All that know Audrey, know that she is a special lady that always has a sweet word of encouragement to those around her. So I had to come up with something special for her.
I absolutely love the Tri-fold design on a card as it is so unique, almost like a shape card on steroids so I had to do another! This design is similar to Amy at The Stamping Tree, I scraplifted a card that she made from my Gone Fishin' Shark Card. Amy did a wonderful design and I have been wanting to give it a try ever since I saw it.
So grab a cup of coffee, turn on your Gypsy and let's get to work.



Now see with this easy template it is very each to make a card of your very own. Click HERE to down load the Tri-Fold template.



I wanted you to see the steps I take on some of these cards to make them stand out, expecially those with the old cuts with no layers.

This is what the coyote looks like before and after it has a little inking. Dont you love the difference? I used some Tim Holtz distress inks and a black marker.



See how nicely this card comes together. I ready all the little pieces first and then assemble it. I used a lot of different ink from Close To My Heart. I reuse the daubers but keep them in there own little case that is labled thanks to Ian over at A Newbie Crafter. Ian designed the lable with all the Close To My Heart Ink names for the dauber case and I love it.
Here are just a couple of photos showing what it looks like as you open this card. As you can see there is plenty of space to stamp a sentiment of write a little note.

I just love the inside of this card. I had plenty of room to write a little note to Audrey and I sure hope this card put a smile on her face.

Here is a close up of my Saguaro Cactus. I couldn't remember the name of it if my life depended on it while making that video! Don't you just love the effect of the sponge on it? It looks like litle needles all over it.


With this close up you can see the little Micro Beads on the moon, isn't it awesome?



Don't you just love how that little coyote just peeks out and howls at the moon? Click HERE if you would like this card file too. Don't forget I made the card two up so you will have two cards when you complete it.
Here is what my finished cards look like. You can see I added a couple of hand drawn stars with a gel pen on the one on the right and I really like that. I hope you like today's post. I sure had fun making and designing this card and I am sure Audrey will love it, don't you? I hope you have a great week.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you. Have a blessed week.

5 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is so gorgeous Sheila..love the way you added the cacti to complete the desert scene
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Karon said...

Fabulous card Sheila - love the cuts and the design !! TFS

Barb Smith said...

I love all of your tri-fold cards. This one is very different. I thought your shark tri-fold was excellent too. Your instructions on our to make them was very simple to understand. Thanks for sharing.

Barb from Toronto
http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Dear Sheila, it's put a smile on my face already!!! What a surprise; I was just dropping in to see what was up and didn't expect this. Thank you so much. It means so much to be thought of -- and I'm sure I've missed everyone even more and so glad to be back (although still off and on)... lol!!!

The card is beautiful!!! As always you always do such a wonderful job on any project, and provide such great detailed tutorials!

Again, thank you!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Another wonderful project and tutorial!! Thanks for all you do!!