March 27, 2013

Oh No! I Need Eight Easter Cards By Noon!


Good morning. Let me share I was in such a tizzy yesterday as I had only 3 hours to make, run to the bank for cash to stuff and adress to make the noon drop at the post office! You see I wasn't prpared as I got stuck in Chicago last week and lost my craft day! So this is what I did. I went to Google images and chose a couple of Happy Easter images and sized them to fit 4 up on a sheet of standard cardstock. I ran out 2 of them and the trimmed to fit.


I then cut 4 sheets of 8 1/2x11 sheets of paper and scored them to make a standard A2 card. I grabbed my scraps and trimmed to fit 4x5 1/4 to offset the artwork. The above image I sized incorrectly so I just ran a line of ATG and placed little flowers on top.... turned out cute and my little Carissa will love it.

After I got all the fronts put together I typed the sentement and ran that out... All it said was...
Happy Easter
I hope you have a Hoppy Good Day!
Again I made that 4 up on an 8 1/2x11 sheet of cardstock cut and trimmed to fit on the inside. I signed each one, stuffed with a little cash and then addressed the envelope for each child. Boy was I thankful that I had a return address stamp! LOL

I made it just in time and it went out in the mail and will reach Chicago in time for Easter! Sometimes you just have to do quick and this worked great.
Thank you for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed my little post. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me!

9 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful cards. It looks like you will meet your deadline I have faith in you . Have a wonderful day.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Created by Kathi said...

Congrats on getting your deadline met even when some things were working against you... your grandkids will be so hoppy to get these sweet Easter cards :) Thanks for sharing! Kathi

BethAnn M said...

Talk about crafting under pressure! You win the prize I think, Sheila. These are adorable, and will be so much loved by the little ones. Happy Easter to you, and all of your family. BethAnn M.



Nana said...

You would never know by looking at them that you were rushed. They are beautiful.

Hugs Nana

Karon said...

These are fab and at least we know there's always something we can fall back on and you still made them! TFS

Grace Baxter said...

Great job! Sure beats spending all day on one card, as I did yesterday. Then I wondered if the outcome was worth the effort. Still have more to make today. Might borrow your idea. TFS!

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards, what a great idea. :)

Charlotte C said...

I can almost hear you out of breath on these. lol. They're beautiful.

Audrey Frelx said...

They look terrific! Never would know by looking at these lovely cards you were beating a deadline... lol!!!