March 6, 2013

Motorcycle Diaper Cake


Hello my scrappy friends, this is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy. Today I'm sharing a project I completed some time ago, but never posted here.  I created this motorcycle diaper centerpiece for my sister in law's baby shower.  It was so much fun to make and I was so happy with the way it turned out.  And it was much easier to put together than I expected!  With spring and summer approaching, which seems to lead to a lot of parties, I thought it would be a great time to share this with you.  I watched a wonderful video tutorial which you can see here. I changed a couple of elements but the construction is the same as the video.


The ribbon covers a rubberband that holds all the diapers in place.


Each wheel is made up of 15 diapers. You can see the tire construction here.

One baby blanket joins the 2 tires together and the second blanket creates the handle bars. Once again I used ribbon to hide a rubberband on the handle bars. I wrapped a small washcloth around the bottle...I'm assuming this is a headlight, but I'm not really sure. Honestly, the only thing that really matters is just how cute this darn project is! Lol.


I decided not to do a picture tutorial because the video is so wonderful, but if you're interested in more information or have questions please let me know. I'm sure this is going to be a hit at the baby shower.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you soon.

9 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW this is adorable.Perfect how the wheels and handle look!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Charlotte C said...

This is adorable. I can't wait to share it with my friend who is a champion diaper cake maker. Now she'll have something new to create.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

How cute is this! Love the little guy and this is just a perfect little gift that is sure to amaze everyone at the shower. Thanks for sharing today!

Karon said...

So super cute - love it:-)

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, Kate! This is just soooo cute!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Had to giggle when I saw this - so dang cute!!!

Unknown said...

What a fun diaper cake!!!

Cindy Vernon said...

So cute. Just wanted to let you know that I will be featuring one of your layouts on this week's Scrappin on Saturday at FCCB!

scootingranny said...

So totally creative!