March 2, 2013

Organizing My Craft Room, Now I Can't Wait To Create!


I am so excited to share my craft room with you! Last year hubby gave me this little room and this is the space more organized than when I first got the room. No my goodies are labeled and I can't wait to show off my room...
It is hard to believe but just a year ago I was scrapping out of my Creative Memories tote which I had been using for almost 10 years! What a wonderful difference. Now I have all kinds of stuff and it is like my little corner of the world and I love it. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I walk you around my Craft Room.


Now wasn't that awesome? I couldn't believe all the goodies that I had stashed in other rooms! I might be a little more creative now that I know where everything is!


I love how clean looking this is. And everything is labeled and easy to get at for me. I think I just may change two bins by exchanging the stamps and the chalk as I use the stamps more. We shall see.


Notice that I have the spine of my stacks out and labeled with the manufacturer and the specific stack to make it easier to find the exact paper that I want. I like most of us spend more time looking for paper than creating the project. There is just so much to choose from. I forgot to point out the cubbie in the lower right corner of my cube, it is loaded with Close To My Heart paper and that is why it is not labeled. Below are closeup of the bins contents.


This bin is the flower bin and it is loaded with all sorts of colors and textures of flowers and I was amazed at how many I actually have. I really didn't think I had that many flowers.


This is my adhesive bin and it is full as you can see. I have Zip Dry, glue dots, tape runners, and ATG tape along with foam tape. I figure if I am in Joann's, Michael's or Hobby Lobby that even if I can't find anything for my coupon I will get adhesive because you don't ever want to run out. I think I am good!


This is my embellishment bin and it is full of beads, rhinestones, and all sorts of sparkly things. Love it!


Here is the envelope bin and this was a total surprise. I found envelopes all over. It seemed like every drawer I went into there was a package of envelopes. And look there is my new We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch board!


This is by bin for brads, buttons and confetti and I really think I am heavy on brads but could use a few more buttons, especially the little ones to put on cards.


This is the bin for chalk and skittles. No correlation but they were two areas I could combine and save room.

Right over my head I place this little bin for everyday tools. I keep my glues, glue pens, tweezers, the Cricut tool kit and even my small acrylic blocks for stamping in... Anything I use all the time I throw in here if it doesn't fit in the pink caddy on my table.



This is the bin that I put my inking supplies, large blocks, baby wipes, daubers, sponges, my Fiskars tools and more. It too is right above where I work.






This is a close of my daubers and the handy little case I got for it. The paper was designed by Ian, the Newbie Crafter and it lists all the colors on inks from Close To My Heart. I Love It.

This is another close up of the new shelving unit my handsome hubby put up... I hope you enjoyed today's post and I hope that maybe you too can use one of the ideas I shared with you. Thanks for joining me. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Have a blessed week!

20 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, what a great hubby to donate the room to you! Everything looks great, so neat and well organized. I wish I were as organized but every time I put everything in it's place, I immediately start pulling it all back out again and I somehow end up right back where I started... lol!

I'm sure you'll do some fabulous creating now!

Charlotte C said...

Love your little corner of the world, Sheila. I'm always tempted to move myself from my basement spaces to a second floor spare room, but I exhaust myself mentally just thinking about it, however, you have inspired me to give it some more positive thought.

Stacy said...

Sheila,
I watched your video, what a sweet hubby you have. Enjoy your room
Hugs, Stacy

papillon digital design said...

Wow this is awesome and i love the space. Having coffee with you on Saturdays are so special.
Hugs and Hugs
Pam

Unknown said...

Wow! I love your cozy crafting spot! It's wonderful when your hubby supports your hobby, huh?

Karon said...

WOW Sheila - what an awesome space - fabulous!!! So clean and so well organised. TFS

Cricut Couple said...

This is fantastic Sheila! Where in the world did you find that amazing case for your daubers?!? That is fantastic! I keep using and throwing away makeup wedges because I was afraid to invest in the daubers. I figured I would mess up colors. Hee! Hee! Wonderful!!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful room Sheila, love how everything is organized and neat. Love the bins.

Treva said...

Sheilia,
Great crafting space, so organized; tfs!

Jana said...

I love the dauber case. Where did you find it?

Charlotte said...

WOW!!! Sheila, This all looks so good. Your craft room is so organized. i know it just makes you so happy to go there and create. I am so delighted for you that you have such a special place.

Charlotte

scootingranny said...

What a dream scraproom! I could only DREAM of having one this organized, neat and color coordinated. Love it!

cricaholic said...

A place for everything and everything in it's place...makes a HAPPY CREATIVE CRAFTER!!!!
LOVE your new room organization!!!
I'm working on TRYING to get it my crafts more organized.
LOL..I use my coupons for more adhesive too when I can't find anything else.

Boopster said...

Love your new craft room! I have been trying to figure out how to organize mine for a long time - your pictures gave me some great ideas!

Rosie said...

Awesome space very organized

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great space! So nicely organized! Love the daubers holder! Thanks for joining us over at Craftin Desert Divas Link Party! Guest Designer Carri~Abusybee

Norma said...

WOW! love all those neatly organized cubes and what a fantastic space to create in, I love it:) Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's. Have a great evening!!
Hugs,
Norma

Unknown said...

I am loving your space! I am a new follower... hop on over and visit me :). Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's. We hope that you will join us again for future linky parties!

Robin
Cut One Designs by Robin

Cheryl Boglioli said...

I love seeing inside the spaces of others. I have to admit I like looking in the windows driving by homes at night too! :-) I love your space and know you must be enjoying the room to wiggle now! :-)

Missy said...

Incredible room Sheila, as I knew yours would be! I really like the fabric bins!!